Most sure player in the NHL right now to be a Seattle Kraken

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Tyler Johnson, TJ Oshie and Dylan Gambrell are the only local products I'm aware of so I think it would be kind of cool if it wound up being one of them.

*forgot about Derek Ryan. Him too :)

Last edited:

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Would Seattle take holtby over Tyler Myers?

I hope we try to sell Seattle on Virtanen... also a west coast kid (roots in BC is still PNW and too far from Seattle). Still has some upside and youth (plus less expensive) so maybe he could be Vancouver's candidate to go.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Tyler Johnson for sure. I think this season is no indication of what he will do for the Kraken in a bigger role and the Bolts will pay good value to move him because of the off year. He will be the clubs first 20g scorer:thumbu:

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I hope we try to sell Seattle on Virtanen... also a west coast kid (roots in BC is still PNW and too far from Seattle). Still has some upside and youth (plus less expensive) so maybe he could be Vancouver's candidate to go.
This aged well...

I kid... couldn’t have seen that coming

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Milan Lucic.

If he plays for the Kracken I will be rocking a Lucic Kracken jersey here in Boston

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If I'm Seattle I take him regardless unless there is a thought that he wouldn't sign with them...then I guess C Jones(LD) or Tyler Benson(LW)!
You might want to consider William Lagesson (LD). Less offensive upside than Jones but smarter and more solid defensively.

Actually, don't. I want to keep him.

I'd think Giordano is pretty much a sure thing from Calgary. Pick him, use him for his veteran leadership, and trade him for picks at the deadline if Seattle is on the outside of the playoff picture.

Reactions: andys

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
You might want to consider William Lagesson (LD). Less offensive upside than Jones but smarter and more solid defensively.

Actually, don't. I want to keep him.

I'd think Giordano is pretty much a sure thing from Calgary. Pick him, use him for his veteran leadership, and trade him for picks at the deadline if Seattle is on the outside of the playoff picture.
Giordano is 38 years old why would Seattle him and fat(6.750 M ) contract...no thanks!!!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Giordano is 38 years old why would Seattle him and fat(6.750 M ) contract...no thanks!!!
Because they can probably get a first round pick for him at the deadline still. Or a 2nd+ at worst. They aren't going to want all of the guys they select locked up long term. Some will be available for picks, and even though he is old, teams will still want a good veteran defenseman.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Because they can probably get a first round pick for him at the deadline still. Or a 2nd+ at worst. They aren't going to want all of the guys they select locked up long term. Some will be available for picks, and even though he is old, teams will still want a good veteran defenseman.
Still a no on Giordano...Oliver Kylington is a yes in my books since they traded Sam Bennett away...PS doubt very much that Giordano is worth a first rounder in any draft

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Still a no on Giordano...Oliver Kylington is a yes in my books since they traded Sam Bennett away...PS doubt very much that Giordano is worth a first rounder in any draft
They won't expose Kylington if they are also exposing Giordano in my opinion. Giordano may not be worth a 1st but he is certainly worth a 2nd+. Maybe two 2nds. Not trying to convince anyone. Calgary isn't my team, it just seems like a pretty safe bet now that Lucic has agreed to waive and they don't need to expose Dube or Backlund anymore. Giordano is probably the best player they have left, with the best trade value at the deadline.

Reactions: Dog

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
They won't expose Kylington if they are also exposing Giordano in my opinion. Giordano may not be worth a 1st but he is certainly worth a 2nd+. Maybe two 2nds. Not trying to convince anyone. Calgary isn't my team, it just seems like a pretty safe bet now that Lucic has agreed to waive and they don't need to expose Dube or Backlund anymore. Giordano is probably the best player they have left, with the best trade value at the deadline.
Yes they expose Kylington since Hanifan,R Andersson and C Tanev will be the 3 D-men they protect guaranteed!

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
What to offer Mtl for Price as Kraken franchise goalie?

Nothing.

Montreal without Price is a top 5 drafting team.

In addition:

1. Seattle should absolutely not kickstart the franchise by having 10.5 million a year in cap space tied up in 1 goalie, certainly not one approaching his mid thirties.
2. Carey Price has a full NMC.

Probably a no from all parties involved.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
In addition:

1. Seattle should absolutely not kickstart the franchise by having 10.5 million a year in cap space tied up in 1 goalie, certainly not one approaching his mid thirties.

People in Montreal will have fits over this statement but I would not take Price for free on our team. Other than the reasons you already provided, he is on a contract for another 5 seasons and has an injury history to boot.

He is an amazing goalie when healthy but is just not the best use of our cap space.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
In addition:

His wife is from Seattle, and he (Vancouver).. mtl is already a top 10 drafting team. Its time for us to build around our young core.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
His wife is from Seattle, and he (Vancouver).. mtl is already a top 10 drafting team. Its time for us to build around our young core.

I mean, she's from Kennewick, which while in the same state, is significantly further away from Seattle than where he's from, but sure let's pretend he's willing to waive his NMC. My first item still stands. Why would Seattle do this?

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I mean, she's from Kennewick, which while in the same state, is significantly further away from Seattle than where he's from, but sure let's pretend he's willing to waive his NMC. My first item still stands. Why would Seattle do this?
Well Price is from Anahim Lake, very far from Vancouver.. same thing. Lol

Seattle does this because they will hit the ground running. They are going to be instantly competitive with a 3-4 year window.

Expansion isnt like what it used to be.. the rules make so the franchise gets a huge boost right away

A star goalie is needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad