Most sure player in the NHL right now to be a Seattle Kraken

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The only sure player I remember being bound for the Vegas Golden Knights was Marc-Andre Fleury. From the start everybody saw it coming.

Some would say James Neal, but in the beginning, everybody thought it was Calle Jarnkrok who'd be picked by Vegas. William Karlsson maybe as well considering Columbus was high on Josh Anderson which meant it was between him or Anderson.

But I pretty much predicted Marchessault going to Vegas. Reason being was because he was a journeyman NHLer that put up solid numbers in the AHL with promising numbers going into his call-ups and knew if he was going to get the best shot it'd be with an expansion team leading up to the Golden Knights.

But for Seattle, the five players I'm gonna guess that end up there (or in some of your cases, here), I'm gonna go with:

J.T. Compher
Brett Connolly
Alex Galchenyuk
Cam Talbot
Thomas Hickey

EDIT: 12/21/20
Braden Holtby

Last edited:
Reactions: JenniferH

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
It’s still too far out for me to reasonably predict any players outside of goalies. There are just too many inevitable injuries and trades that need to go down first, so I’ll only go as far as suggesting Holtby (assuming he plays as well as I expect he will under Ian Clarke).

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I had Oshie in my expansion draft but that would cost Washington quite a bit.
He'll be a 34 year old with four years left on his contract and a $5.75 cap hit.

Too me it would cost Washington at least a first round pick for us to take the contract.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I had Oshie in my expansion draft but that would cost Washington quite a bit.
He'll be a 34 year old with four years left on his contract and a $5.75 cap hit.

Too me it would cost Washington at least a first round pick for us to take the contract.

He played reasonable well last season. I don't see the need that Washington has to pay us to guarantee we talk him.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
He played reasonable well last season. I don't see the need that Washington has to pay us to guarantee we talk him.

He'll be a 34 year old with four years left on his contract at $5.75 AAV.

All of that during a flat cap era with teams being in a cap crunch(the Capitals are among those) and financial flexibility being incredibly valuable.

If they don't offer anything on top of that there's no way we should touch Oshie's contract.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He'll be a 34 year old with four years left on his contract at $5.75 AAV.

All of that during a flat cap era with teams being in a cap crunch(the Capitals are among those) and financial flexibility being incredibly valuable.

If they don't offer anything on top of that there's no way we should touch Oshie's contract.
Oshie and Tyler Johnson are the 2 Washington natives that have $5 mill cap hits with 4/3 years left. Oshie is older and TJ his numbers have declined to closer to 0.5 ppg in the pst season.
I’d be very leery of using cap space on them.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
The only sure player I remember being bound for the Vegas Golden Knights was Marc-Andre Fleury. From the start everybody saw it coming.

Some would say James Neal, but in the beginning, everybody thought it was Calle Jarnkrok who'd be picked by Vegas. William Karlsson maybe as well considering Columbus was high on Josh Anderson which meant it was between him or Anderson.

But I pretty much predicted Marchessault going to Vegas. Reason being was because he was a journeyman NHLer that put up solid numbers in the AHL with promising numbers going into his call-ups and knew if he was going to get the best shot it'd be with an expansion team leading up to the Golden Knights.

But for Seattle, the five players I'm gonna guess that end up there (or in some of your cases, here), I'm gonna go with:

J.T. Compher
Brett Connolly
Alex Galchenyuk
Cam Talbot
Thomas Hickey

EDIT: 12/21/20
Braden Holtby
Holtby for sure! Jost from Colorado,Amadio from LA,Bennett from Calgary,Laughton from Philly,Milano from Ducks,Fischer from Coyotes,MacLeod from NJersey,Honka from Dallas and Zboril from Boston...Kampf from Chic,Abramov from Ott,Bear from Edmonton...

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Forgot to put their mugs on too...
969468844.jpg.jpg
1128797853-850x560.jpg
sonny_milano_usa_2015_wjc.jpg
ethan-bear.jpg
d032a690e19d3eed576c14cf49a7d768.jpg

Oshie and Tyler Johnson are the 2 Washington natives that have $5 mill cap hits with 4/3 years left. Oshie is older and TJ his numbers have declined to closer to 0.5 ppg in the pst season.
I’d be very leery of using cap space on them.

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
Holtby for sure! Jost from Colorado,Amadio from LA,Bennett from Calgary,Laughton from Philly,Milano from Ducks,Fischer from Coyotes,MacLeod from NJersey,Honka from Dallas and Zboril from Boston...Kampf from Chic,Abramov from Ott,Bear from Edmonton...
Dont think there's a chance in hell Bear is let go in Edmonton. More likely Caleb Jones.

Reactions: voxel

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Given Vegas' success out of the gate, I suspect next years FA-market will be rather peculiar, with some shorter low contracts given out to decent stars who wants a last run with Seattle.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Dont think there's a chance in hell Bear is let go in Edmonton. More likely Caleb Jones.
You are probably right on there,but since he played Junior with the Seattle Thunderbirds I thought I'd try to slide that by...good catch...I have always penciled in Adam Larsson as the player coming over from the Oilers
1.121212121234546.jpg
1.121212345623465.jpg

Reactions: VanillaCoke

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Looking at the moves Tampa has made this offseason(basically just extending their cap hell problems for one season) I think Tyler Johnson could be a pretty good bet to be on the Kraken.

Of course, only if they add picks/talents on top of it.

Reactions: andys

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Looking at the moves Tampa has made this offseason(basically just extending their cap hell problems for one season) I think Tyler Johnson could be a pretty good bet to be on the Kraken.

Of course, only if they add picks/talents on top of it.
I've Johnson going to Seattle too but with Dman Cal Foote kicked in wink wink or a 1st rounder and prospect M Joseph perhaps?

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Would Seattle take holtby over Tyler Myers?

I certainly would.

Of course unless Holtby starts trying to catch the puck wearing mittens and ends up with a .555 or something nuts like that.

But even then I'd rather take a younger guy like Kole Lind.
That contract of Myers is pretty bad especially during times of a flat cap.

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->