Most successful ECHL players that made it to the NHL

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
Rich Peverley started his pro career playing a season for the Stingrays, if I remember correctly. Quite a few goalies played here early on as well (Holtby, Neuvirth, Grubauer, etc).

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Goalies, a lot of goalies play down there at some point of time because of depth within organizations (and giving them ample starting time).

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Is anyone comparable to Burrows ???

I mean some guys played a quarter of a season Ryder(30games) Desharnais(68) Brunette (20)

Burrows 130+ Games
and was a top 3 ES goal Scorer for a 3 year stretch

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Al Montoya and Cam Talbot.

Scott Darling, who has already been mentioned, played two seasons in the SPHL before going to the ECHL. He's probably the only player to ever play that long in the SPHL to go to the NHL.

Before this year he was the only person to have ever played in the sphl to also play in the NHL. The canes put in their equipment manager Jorge Alves as goalie for a minute in a game this season and he had played in the sphl so he's the only other.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I remember watching David Desharnais in the ECHL and even posted on the Habs' board that he would be an NHL player if he could improve his skating just a bit.

I always knew he would be loved in Montreal. :sarcasm:

May 31, 2006
Ryan Garbutt had a very interesting development. Played a season in the Central Hockey League where he wasn't even a top-5 scorer on his team. The next season he racks up the points in 10 ECHL games before spending the rest of the season in the AHL. The following season he makes the NHL.

Like Burrows, that's one of the most steep development curves you'll ever see.

vincetheprince

Mar 28, 2007
Mike Hoffman, only played 4 games but is probably the most successful NHL skater who has played in the ECHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad