OT: Most ridiculous songs played in arenas?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
going through a mental list of songs that are played at sporting events (namely, hockey arenas) and some are pretty laughabout.

Havah Nagilla
Charge!
Rock n Roll Pt One by Garry Glitter (due to him being a convicted child mollester)

any other songs?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
not familiar with that tune. can you hum a couple of bars?

I didn't know they had made a translation schlager out of "I walk by meadow, shirtless" for the NA markets, but this is the original:

Reactions: Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I didn't know they had made a translation schlager out of "I walk by meadow, shirtless" for the NA markets, but this is the original:

If I ever could ever film my own movie (no not "adult", but hey that might work too!) I would so totally use this for background music for a yet undetermined scene that required a bit of ultra-violence.
Thanks Lempo, I actually enjoyed that.

Reactions: Lempo

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
They played Tutti Frutti at the Blues game tonight. I get that St. Louis has a strong music heritage, but that's not the kind of song I'd expect to pump the crowd up. Might as well be playing Hit Me Baby One More Time.

Reactions: HannuJ

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
They played Tutti Frutti at the Blues game tonight. I get that St. Louis has a strong music heritage, but that's not the kind of song I'd expect to pump the crowd up. Might as well be playing Hit Me Baby One More Time.
it's funny that there are a number of songs that are played at venues that, lyrically, are ridiculous.
Tutti Fruitti's original lyrics, and even it's actual meaning, make it hilarious that it's played at games.
Tutti Frutti (song) - Wikipedia

same with "We Will Rock You", theoretically, when "rock" always refered to coitus.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Chelsea Dagger in Chicago

And

Any team that announces that “they’re on the power playyyyyyyyyy”

Glad our announcers don’t do that due to our fans knowing that already

bluuuurr

Apr 14, 2013
Germany
That awful Cotton Eye Joe techno mix.

Also several years ago when pretty much 75% of the league was warming up to or had intro music with that Fallout Boy "mup mup mup"song.

Reactions: HannuJ

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
it's funny that there are a number of songs that are played at venues that, lyrically, are ridiculous.
Tutti Fruitti's original lyrics, and even it's actual meaning, make it hilarious that it's played at games.

same with "We Will Rock You", theoretically, when "rock" always refered to coitus.

Rock songs with sexual innuendo?.......Tell me more?

You'd lose half the play list if that was the standard for ridiculousness, lol.

Blitzkrieg Bop anyone?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Is this most ridiculous songs?

Or

Make me want to punch myself in the face songs?

There are a lot more of the latter.

anigif_enhanced-27515-1435194676-2.gif

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Rock songs with sexual innuendo?.......Tell me more?

You'd lose half the play list if that was the standard for ridiculousness, lol.
considering that "rock" really means "f***", i think it's funny that you're getting a crowd to chant "we will, we will F*** you!!" lol
i also laugh at the "ref, you suck!" chant, since saying someone sucks is pretty much insinuating they perform fellatio.

but yeah, you aren't wrong. I think Wpg still plays "Rock n Roll" by Zeppelin. Robert Plant singing "been a long time since I rock n rolled" should be a familiar feeling for many posters here. hahaha

Reactions: Ducky10

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

Bro Hymn by Pennywise is still played in Anaheim, and was played by the Flyers for some time. The song is dedicated to the their friends/ex-band mates who ended their life by suicide.

"
To all my friends present, past and beyond
Especially those who weren't with us too long
Life is the most precious thing you can lose
While you were here the fun was never ending
Laugh a minute was only beginning
Canton, Colvin, Nichols, this one's for you!

Ever get the feeling you can't go on
Just remember whose side it is that you're on
You've got friends with you 'til the end
If you're ever in a tough situation
We'll be there with no hesitation
Brotherhood's our rule we cannot bend

When you're feeling too close to the bottom
You know who it is you can count on
Someone will pick you up again
We can conquer anything together
All of us are bonded forever
If I die, you die that's the way it is."

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I used to play that song with my crappy Punkrock teenage cover band. It always worked. Always. Gets everyone pumped

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
going through a mental list of songs that are played at sporting events (namely, hockey arenas) and some are pretty laughabout.

Havah Nagilla
Charge!
Rock n Roll Pt One by Garry Glitter (due to him being a convicted child mollester)

any other songs?

Actually, I like Hava Nagila. No laughabout from me on that one.
If we're talking Hockey Rock Schlock, I'm not crazy about the original "Thunderstruck".
*This* version of Thunderstruck is acceptable.

or even better:

Last edited:

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Bro Hymn by Pennywise is still played in Anaheim, and was played by the Flyers for some time. The song is dedicated to the their friends/ex-band mates who ended their life by suicide.

"
To all my friends present, past and beyond
Especially those who weren't with us too long
Life is the most precious thing you can lose
While you were here the fun was never ending
Laugh a minute was only beginning
Canton, Colvin, Nichols, this one's for you!

Ever get the feeling you can't go on
Just remember whose side it is that you're on
You've got friends with you 'til the end
If you're ever in a tough situation
We'll be there with no hesitation
Brotherhood's our rule we cannot bend

When you're feeling too close to the bottom
You know who it is you can count on
Someone will pick you up again
We can conquer anything together
All of us are bonded forever
If I die, you die that's the way it is."

Still a great song and extremely catchy. Caught Pennywise at the Garrick a few weeks back, great show.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Forgot to mention the answer to the thread question, oddly enough I lived in Atlanta for almost 2 years while the Thrashers were there and I would frequent games and I heard the song "Pop Goes The World" by Men Without Hats once, now I love 80's pop but to me it was odd to hear that song being played at a hockey game it just didn't fit.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I've been to 3 games in LA and when the Kings get a PP they play Beautiful people by Marilyn Manson , great idea to pump up the crowd and Beautiful people , LA kind of go together . Wait i'm doing the opposite of the question :laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Forgot to mention the answer to the thread question, oddly enough I lived in Atlanta for almost 2 years while the Thrashers were there and I would frequent games and I heard the song "Pop Goes The World" by Men Without Hats once, now I love 80's pop but to me it was odd to hear that song being played at a hockey game it just didn't fit.

That song was and still is one of the worst ever , a 4 year old could do the music and lyrics . :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad