Most Respected Fighter

jerseyjim78

Mar 15, 2011
Brick, NJ
Hi everyone - new here but longtime hockey fan...

Just curious who you all think are the most respected fighters in the league currently?

I'm a devils fan so I think Clarkson has to be in there for middle-weights, seems to always be up for a fight and generally doesn't try to hit people when down (except Avery)

Also Orr and Rypien always seem game and follow the code.

Your opinions?

jerseyjim78

Mar 15, 2011
Brick, NJ
Parros. You gotta respect a man who can rock that kind of duster

I've seen him fight a few times and yes he is a good one. Just looked him up - didn't realize he went to Princeton! Also seems pretty righteous as a human being like most of the tough guys off the ice.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
I've seen him fight a few times and yes he is a good one. Just looked him up - didn't realize he went to Princeton! Also seems pretty righteous as a human being like most of the tough guys off the ice.

Definitely a great guy off the ice, from what I've seen.

Love his mustache too.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Most of the fighters are really good guys. I guess you kind of have to be, your only job is to stick up for everyone on your team and just be a good lockerroom guy. Belak's another one, just an awesome person.

DungeonK

Love Thy Neighbor
Jul 6, 2006
Atlanta
Outside of his flying elbow to Paul Ranger a half decade ago, Eric Boulton has been a benchmark for the modern functional tough guy. Very respectable player and vet, but it's really hard to last a decade in the league at that position if you aren't.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Boulton and Thornton are definitely at the top. Parros probably too, but I don't ever watch Ducks games so can't be sure.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
big georges till he retired without a doubt. now? i'd say it hard to tell there are a lot.

straka91*

Pretty much all of them. I know BGL was very respected and feared when he played.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Well maybe second homer, but the thread title is most respected.
Prust is the only fighter I can imagine winning the Lady Bing!
He never fights for the show, he fights for the cause.
:yo:

and NOBODY hates him.

I've never been a fan his, not sure I hate him, but that's more to do with him playing for London in junior. ;)

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
prusty as a homer
parros is my favorite fighter outside
but most respected id say konopka.
he knows his role and does it well (fight/faceoff/4th line center) and ive never seen him take the cheap way out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->