• Vegas Golden Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington Capitals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I figure it's gotta' be NYR, Boston or Philadelphia. They're the only three teams left that will run a player out of town for not performing up to their expectations.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Eh, I think most guys they've brought in have been in their prime or at least the tail end of it. Off the top of my head I think Gomez and Shatty were both the same age as Panarin when they were brought in. Even Trouba who arrived at 25 has been inferior to his Winnipeg-form, so I don't think it all comes down to age or prime vs decline.

Ironically I think the best Rangers move of my lifetime was a guy they traded for when he seemed to be in "decline", and that was Jagr.
Gomez was good for the Rangers and Shattenkirk tore his knee up. Underlying numbers predicted Trouba would fall off.

I would buy New York as this pressure cooker if the media didn't actively ignore hockey. You'll never hear about the Rangers on the talk radio scene unless they're going far in the playoffs. There's just the beat writers and every team has those. Every time A-Rod struck out it was on Letterman and in the gossip section, not in the sports section.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad