Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington Capitals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1-32, which environments surrounding the 32 franchises are the most pressurized. That can mean fans, ownership, media, prior history, location, players or anything you take the pressure of a hockey environment to mean.

1. Toronto Maple Leafs (59.6%)
2. Montreal Canadiens (80.5%)
3. Vancouver Canucks (53.7%)

4. Edmonton Oilers (45.1%)

ALine

May 14, 2012
Calgary next, then the rest of Canada. Next is your big Northeast markets; Buffalo, Philly, Boston, Detroit, etc. , then the rest of the big markets that aren't Florida or California. Then lastly, Florida and California.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I don't see how it's Calgary at all.

Our media loves the team and accepts mediocrity. Just ignore Eric Francis and players should be good to go.

Hell people even like Lucic here.
Yep. Can’t see how Calgary is tougher on a player than Philly, Boston, or NY. People just voting them because it’s Canada

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I'm thinking Panthers and Flyers. Panthers need some playoff success, and the Flyers are on the cusp of a blow-up.

Calgary is a good one I didn't think of right away.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I agree. I am surprised by all the Calgary answers here.

Ya even when the team underperforms, people don't get pissed. They just move on for the rest of the year.

Forget about it, enjoy the summer by the team season starts up again you're ready to go.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I agree. I am surprised by all the Calgary answers here.

I think people think because we're a Canadian market we're going to be a fishbowl.
Our media is pretty easy on players except Francis' weird boner for Gaudreau; where we get banged up the most is during national broadcasts or regional broadcasts where guys like Ferraro get a chance to skewer our team :laugh:

Flames fans have been so domesticated by mediocrity there's not really outrage :laugh:

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I wanted to say Chicago - that's likely the toughest market on the list - but they won 3 cups recently.
Next, I thought of the Rags.

But went with Philly. The city turns on you in no time flat, and it's not that they've had any recent success either.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I wanted to say Chicago - that's likely the toughest market on the list - but they won 3 cups recently.
Next, I thought of the Rags.

But went with Philly. The city turns on you in no time flat, and it's not that they've had any recent success either.
I agree with you about Chicago. Most reasonable people in Chicago, the common fan not the crazy ones remember how blessed we were for the last decade. That pressure is going to come back but not just yet.

I’m trying to decide between Philly, Minnesota, and Calgary. Surprised more people haven’t mentioned Minnesota because they have been a good team with little to show for it for a long time.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I can't believe the Rangers are winning this. I would put them towards the bottom. Players come here specifically because nobody cares who they are here. New Yorkers leave famous people alone, that's just how it is.

Guys come to New York and struggle because the Rangers have consistently targeted declining players. They finally signed a player in his prime in Panarin and he's excelled playing in New York.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Boston or Philly. Rangers ain't it. They're basically an afterthought. Fans haven't run any players out of town recently in New York. It's happened in Philly and Boston numerous times.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I can't believe the Rangers are winning this. I would put them towards the bottom. Players come here specifically because nobody cares who they are here. New Yorkers leave famous people alone, that's just how it is.

Guys come to New York and struggle because the Rangers have consistently targeted declining players. They finally signed a player in his prime in Panarin and he's excelled playing in New York.

Eh, I think most guys they've brought in have been in their prime or at least the tail end of it. Off the top of my head I think Gomez and Shatty were both the same age as Panarin when they were brought in. Even Trouba who arrived at 25 has been inferior to his Winnipeg-form, so I don't think it all comes down to age or prime vs decline.

Ironically I think the best Rangers move of my lifetime was a guy they traded for when he seemed to be in "decline", and that was Jagr.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Calgary shouldn't even be in the top 10. The majority of the fanbase gives the team a free pass. As other have said, Eric Francis is a goof who loves to try and create drama but the rest of the media are pretty easy on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad