Most popular visiting teams

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
With all else being constant, which 5 or 6 visiting teams do you think would be the most popular? That is to say, what are the safest bets for sellout crowds?

My first thoughts were:
Kings
Hawks
Rangers
Pens
Bruins

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Hawks and Wings are the big two.

I've noticed a lot of Flyers fans at the Pepsi Center when they've come to town the last few times.

Not so many Kings fans, to be honest.

Penguins are up there too...bandwagoners.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Look on stub hub, pretty easy to see which teams drive up the market. East coast teams plus probably the Hawks off hand. Pens for sure plus Bruins, Rangers are up there.

Nobody cares about the Kings that much, I've easily gotten tickets. Same with Flyers.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Wings are #1 by a mile. Lots of fans here love Detroit.

Ironically none of them love Detroit enough to move back there. Odd.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Frei said on the radio this morning that over 300,000 michigan/Detroit natives have moved to Colorado over the past 10 years (he had an exact number) and there's been less than 10 Coloradans move to Detroit in that time

It's wings #1. Then hawks then penguins and I would put the wild up there too. Tons of Minnesota people here

Very few kings fans despite the obnoxious amounts of California transplants here

Lord Moriarty007

Lets go Avs & Bolts!
May 1, 2013
Denver, CO/Orlando,FL
The wings. They have a good fan-bases everywhere in the league because of Michigan natives left because of the bad economy in the state and city of Detroit.
1950 census at over 1.8 million people, and decreased in population with each subsequent census; as of the 2010 census, the city has just over 700,000 residents, adding up to a total loss of 61% of the population.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad