Most points by a 2011 draftee

member 30781

I know Couturier was tops in PPG average of all the 2011 draftees in juniors, but in the NHL how would you rank who will be the most productive on the stat sheet?

I'd rank it:

RNH
Huberdeau
Couturier
Landeskog
Strome
Jensen
Baertschi
Biggs
Armia
Zibanejad

to name a few.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought...

Last edited by a moderator:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I think Couturier will be the biggest producer at the NHL level, hes big and skilled and skating can always be improved with coaching. I see him being a Jordan Stall type player, but with the extra offense.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Are we talking about most points in a single season in their prime, or most points in the NHL next year only? For prime I'll go with RNH, really like his game, next year only is hard to say as it really depends on what situation the kids are drafted into. Depending on the team some guys could range from being given a top 6 role to not in the NHL at all.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Are we talking about most points in a single season in their prime, or most points in the NHL next year only? For prime I'll go with RNH, really like his game, next year only is hard to say as it really depends on what situation the kids are drafted into. Depending on the team some guys could range from being given a top 6 role to not in the NHL at all.

Larsson and Landeskog will be the only ones playing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm with Stylings. Couts plays in the NHL next year. Any one of Strome, RNH or Couturier could be the most productive and Landeskog has an outside shot.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Can't see Couturier not playing in the NHL next year, he's got little to prove by going back to junior plus he's got NHL size and a decent two way game so he could play a 3rd line role next year if necessary.

member 30781

I meant single season in their prime.

Or just highest offensive upside/potential/ceiling of all the draft eligible players.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I know Couturier was tops in PPG average of all the 2011 draftees in juniors, but in the NHL how would you rank who will be the most productive on the stat sheet?

I'd rank it:

RNH
Huberdeau
Couturier
Landeskog
Strome
Jensen
Baertschi
Biggs
Armia
Zibanejad

to name a few.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought...

3 years down

1.Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
2.Huberdeau
3.Landeskog
4.Couturier
5.Strome

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Couturier
Nugent-Hopkins
Landeskog
Huberdeau
Strome
Jensen
Baertschi
Biggs
Zibanejad
Armia

Kev9090

Oct 29, 2007
I ask to a defenseman(a number one) in the QMJHL, who did he thinks was better between Huberdeau and Couturier and he told me, Couturier is slower and it's easier to play against him than Huberdeau because he is faster and it's more difficult to play against him.

So maybe Huberdeau with his speed will be a much better player than Couturier in the NHL.

member 30781

I ask to a defenseman(a number one) in the QMJHL, who did he thinks was better between Huberdeau and Couturier and he told me, Couturier is slower and it's easier to play against him than Huberdeau because he is faster and it's more difficult to play against him.

So maybe Huberdeau with his speed will be a much better player than Couturier in the NHL.

You do realize that prospects can mature and get better, right?

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
I think Couturier will be the biggest producer at the NHL level, hes big and skilled and skating can always be improved with coaching. I see him being a Jordan Stall type player, but with the extra offense.

This is what I see in his future, although I am basing this off of what I saw at the wjc and his size

GM17*

Devos? :sarcasm:

Couturier won't likely be in the NHL. I just don't see him making the jump right away. Could happen but my odds are he doesn't.

Landeskog will be the only forward playing in the NHL I bet, and if he's not I'd still have him scoring the most.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Couturier will be in the NHL next year, and will probably have the best first year of any rookie from the 2011 draft.

Down the line I could see someone like RNH or Strome producing as much but not having the same all around game as Couturier.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Couturier will be in the NHL next year, and will probably have the best first year of any rookie from the 2011 draft.

Down the line I could see someone like RNH or Strome producing as much but not having the same all around game as Couturier.

I agree on all these points.

Wait....we agreed on something?!?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->