Most Playoff Points In First 50 Career Playoff Games

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Most Points In First 50 Career Playoff Games All Time.png

Interesting graphic from tonight Oilers-Kings game. By games end McDavid had 80 career points and Draisaitl had 79.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Well not really apples to apples since some players goes further and face tougher competition. Very impressive regardles of course.

Moridin

Apr 8, 2007
Draisaitl would be a nice replacement for Kopitar right?

Crosby had 63 after 49 games.. and 2 cup final appearances including a cup in his 4th season.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Well not really apples to apples since some players goes further and face tougher competition. Very impressive regardles of course.
People keep saying this but they certainly didn't seem to be much affected last season when they faced the eventual cup winners in the 2nd round... McDavid with 10 points in 6 games, Drai with 7 points, including 6 goals. That's pretty much as "tough" as competition can get and they still delivered offensively.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
People keep saying this but they certainly didn't seem to be much affected last season when they faced the eventual cup winners in the 2nd round... McDavid with 10 points in 6 games, Drai with 7 points, including 6 goals. That's pretty much as "tough" as competition can get and they still delivered offensively.
Or against the Avs in 2022 McDavid had 7 points in 4 games, and Draisaitl 6 in 4 games.

And people made an immediate revision on the 2022 Flames but they were a great team. They were 6th in GF and 3rd in GA in the regular season.

McDavid had 12 points in 5 games and Draisaitl had 17 points (!) in 5 games (NHL record).

These two are historically good players in the postseason.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Or against the Avs in 2022 McDavid had 7 points in 4 games, and Draisaitl 6 in 4 games.

And people made an immediate revision on the 2022 Flames but they were a great team. They were 6th in GF and 3rd in GA in the regular season.

McDavid had 12 points in 5 games and Draisaitl had 17 points (!) in 5 games (NHL record).

These two are historically good players in the postseason.
It’s weird how the narrative changed about the flames as soon as the oilers dismantled them, went from potential cup contender to being garbage

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Yes, the Oilers have traditionally benefitted greatly from playing in very weak divisions.

Just kidding - well, mostly kidding. Incredible feat for Leon and Connor.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
Yes, the Oilers have traditionally benefitted greatly from playing in very weak divisions.

Just kidding - well, mostly kidding. Incredible feat for Leon and Connor.
The points totals of the Oilers opponents going back to 2016-17 are:

99, 105, 84 pace (lol), 92 pace, 99, 111, 119, 104, 111, and 99.

Mostly strong opponents.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
How is that funny?
Do any of you people watch standup comedy?

Damnit, this is a canadian dominated sport, do you not enjoy norm macdonald?

The idiocy of the comment is the entire joke.

Actually i missed a huge opportunity after the first response by not going full norm overexplanation. If i go back and edit that in does the thread still make sense? 😁

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023

Actually i missed a huge opportunity after the first response by not going full norm overexplanation. If i go back and edit that in does the thread still make sense? 😁
I think a stand up fan would understand that it doesn't work at all in text form. Especially Norms style which relies heavily on timing and tone.

CN8

May 31, 2010
Canada

Am I the only one who gets this guy ?😀 Must be cause I’m a huge McDonsld fan

• Haha
Reactions: HolyHagelin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad