10. Mikko Koivu
11. Ryan Getzlaf
12. Ray Emery
13. Pascal Leclaire
14. Brent Seabrook

:)

Reilly311

trahans99 said:
I agree with Valabik 100% and Richards, but not Perry or Schremp.

Way to be biased. Even I threw an Otter in there. Hell, I even threw an American in there!

outKast*

Over rated does not mean untalented or the player will automatically be horrible and bust.

Players are over rated because fans from other teams envy your team because you have such good players. These threads are so pointless. No one should talk about anyone being over-rated. I know for a FACT that the original poster has not seen 2 of those players play more than 5 games.

Example: "The original poster says Richards and Carter are over rated because he is jealous of Philly's drafting skills and would give his left nut for these players to be in his teams prospect pool"

kinda like that right?

Reilly311

outKast said:
Players are over rated because fans from other teams envy your team because you have such good players.

the bees are on the what now?

I'm sure every team in the NHL is begging to have Yashin on their team :lol

outKast*

Reilly311 said:
the bees are on the what now?

I'm sure every team in the NHL is begging to have Yashin on their team :lol
Must be nice seeing the Penguins being annual contenders for the cup huh? It must be nice to see you team win so many games.

Reilly311

Chimaera said:
You're missing a few more Penguin Prospects.

Like who? Don't even say Malkin is overrated because I KNOW no one has ever watched him play.

Reilly311

outKast said:
Must be nice seeing the Penguins being annual contenders for the cup huh? It must be nice to see you team win so many games.

Seeing how my favorite team is the Red Wings, yes, I enjoy their annual contending.

outKast*

Koltsov - bottom 6 forward at best. Chimera is faster than him. (Yes Chimera holds the NHL record not Konstantin)

Kris Beech - Bottom 6 forward

Maxime Talbot, Ross Lupaschuck, Erik Christensen

Add one of these guys to you list. And yes Malkin is a little overrated...(I'm reffering to his offensive ability) He is no Fedorov. He might be a first liner but he won't ever score 100+ points. I would bet on that.

outKast*

Reilly311 said:
Seeing how my favorite team is the Red Wings, yes, I enjoy their annual contending.
ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol :lol :lol

and for the Red Wings....

Hudler = massively over rated. Not a top 6 forward. Never will be.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
outKast said:
Koltsov - bottom 6 forward at best. Chimera is faster than him. (Yes Chimera holds the NHL record not Konstantin)

Add one of these guys to you list. And yes Malkin is a little overrated...(I'm reffering to his offensive ability) He is no Fedorov. He might be a first liner but he won't ever score 100+ points. I would bet on that.

Koltsov, Beech, and Lupaschuk aren't considered prospects anymore and I'd like you to find anything abotu Erik Christensen. He's got attitude problems and a game that'll struggle to translate to the NHL. No one here has said anything to conflict with that.

Talbot is underrated if anything.

Sounds like you're really fishing for something and you're coming up empty...

And for the record, the only reason Chimera holds the record is because Koltsov has never been timed.

outKast*

Must be nice to contradict everything i said yet you have no substance to your argument. Over-rated does NOT mean untalented. When i say Crosby is over rated or even Kovalchuck is over rated...that is not me saying "That player is an untalented player", i'm saying theres a big buzz around the guy when there's no reason for it. (NO i don't think Corsby is over rated i was making a point). Lots of people are saying that Talbot has a real future, and have been mentioning him a lot around the boards. I can't even see the guy make the NHL.

Looks like your sticking your nose and places where you're not wanted. Before you say something why don't you read back a couple of threads. I can probably pop up 50 Talbot threads praising him.

Reilly311

outKast said:
Hudler = massively over rated. Not a top 6 forward. Never will be.

Yeah, he;s only averaging a point a game in the AHL. No potential there :shakehead Besides, no one is overrating him.

Reilly311

outKast said:
Lots of people are saying that Talbot has a real future, and have been mentioning him a lot around the boards. I can't even see the guy make the NHL.

:lol

You're comparing peoples opinions on these boards to professional rankings done by people with professional knowledge. Like this sites rankings/opinions. Not the lamers that post on this board. :lol

outKast*

ohhhhh ohhh ohhh i heard this one before. mmmmmmmkay i wanna play too. mmmkay you be Bush and i'll play Kerry. Did not...did too! omg give it up. Hudler = Over-rated. Officially: Chimera = faster than Koltsov. OFFICIAL. Until you measure your boy...Chimera is faster than him .

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
outKast said:
Looks like your sticking your nose and places where you're not wanted. Before you say something why don't you read back a couple of threads. I can probably pop up 50 Talbot threads praising him.

It's a discussion board. If he wants to say something, he can say it...

(Sorry if this was sticking my nose IN places where I wasn't wanted)

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
These types of threads always turn into a waste of space. Bias/hatred for certain teams kills them, and it's not like there hasn't been one posted each and every week since the end of last season.

outKast*

Oiltalk said:
These types of threads always turn into a waste of space. Bias/hatred for certain teams kills them, and it's not like there hasn't been one posted each and every week since the end of last season.
Agreed. This topic comes up so many times. Why can't people be more original and discuss some other interesting things about hockey.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Reilly311 said:
:lol

You're comparing peoples opinions on these boards to professional rankings done by people with professional knowledge. Like this sites rankings/opinions. Not the lamers that post on this board. :lol

Jesus, are you a troll or what? Every response you've posted has been full of contempt and cockiness. Lose the attitude because it's not making you many friends on this board.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
How the hell is Mikko Koivu overrated? No one talks about him, most people think he's a bust...was it because he was taken pretty high in the draft and has a pretty nice upside?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Reilly311 said:
4. Corey Perry

11. Ryan Getzlaf

Yeah thats why they played on a line together at the Pacific Division Rookie Tournament and dominated every game.

I could see saying Perry is overrated, but Getzlaf is everything you could want in an NHL second line center.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
I could see saying Perry is overrated, but Getzlaf is everything you could want in an NHL second line center.

Getzlaf put together a beautiful one-man rush against Medicine Hat tonight (but got robbed by Kevin Nastiuk at the end.) If he were a bit more consistent, I think he'd be first-line NHL material.

As for overrated prospects, I'm really starting to have doubts about Cam Barker. I've seen him a few times now, I've yet to be impressed by anything other than his shot, and his effort really seems to be lacking a lot of the time (even in the Memorial Cup last year.) Calgary had a 15-year-old playing tonight, Alex Plante, who had a better defensive game than he did. I'm beginning to wonder if Barker isn't headed down the Steve McCarthy career path.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
outKast said:

:lol: :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad