most overrated player?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
1. Toni Kroos.

2. Consider how many people think Wayne Rooney should be forced into the England team at any position even if he can't play well at any position and you have your answer.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Who over-rates Toni Kroos? He can't run for s*** but he's truly exceptional with the ball on his foot.

I agree, I think he's rated pretty fairly. One of the best passers in the game, not amazing defensively or very mobile but his technical skills are top notch.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pogba's a good choice in the football world overall. Not on this board I'd say. Ozil could fit the bill, not because of his talents, but because of his performances.
Payet's another name. Evra. Koscielny.

On this board, I'll vote for David Silva, KDB, Kroos, Azpilicueta, Lamela, Verthongen, Alli, Koscielny until this year, Isco and... Neymar.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Who over-rates Toni Kroos? He can't run for s*** but he's truly exceptional with the ball on his foot.

When some people rate him as the best midfielder in the game, then he's overrated.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If all you do is pass, regardless of if you're the best passer in the world, you can't be one of the best midfielders in the world. Tackling is necessary for someone who plays as deep as Kroos.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If I am remembering correctly, during Bayern's treble season he was their best player and was playing as a CAM between Robben/Ribery/Muller and behind Mandzukic. he doesn't play that role right now though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When some people rate him as the best midfielder in the game, then he's overrated.

Is there anyone on here other than whiskey who even rates as him as the best MF on his team?

If I am remembering correctly, during Bayern's treble season he was their best player and was playing as a CAM between Robben/Ribery/Muller and behind Mandzukic. he doesn't play that role right now though.

He was there best player in the second half of the season, when injuries took a whack out of their depth; but the rest of this is correct.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, even then. Someone actually rates him as best MF in the world.
Same for Henderson, it's one poster, but only on HF can you find the "Alpa Hendo is the best B2B in the world".

Gambar

Fire Hendry
Nov 12, 2007
Chicago, IL
Pogba's a good choice in the football world overall. Not on this board I'd say. Ozil could fit the bill, not because of his talents, but because of his performances.
Payet's another name. Evra. Koscielny.

On this board, I'll vote for David Silva, KDB, Kroos, Azpilicueta, Lamela, Verthongen, Alli, Koscielny until this year, Isco and... Neymar.

Evilo hates Spurs e5

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haha, not really, they're just as bit overrated on this board because they're trending and in the EPL.

Would you say I hate France because I gave 3 french names? :D

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I think he's safely top10 in the world, I've argued he's top5 just because of his technique.

If all you do is pass, regardless of if you're the best passer in the world, you can't be one of the best midfielders in the world. Tackling is necessary for someone who plays as deep as Kroos.
"all you do is pass" Dude, playing the ball is 90% of the sport. He's fantastic with the ball, corners, free kicks, long-range, short-range, KEEPING IT. He's incredible.

Gotta be Pogba in his own mind. Guy hasn't done much but thinks he's a Floyd Mayweather/Jay-Z hybrid.
It's gotta be Pogba here but "overrated/underrated" threads are garbage because of all the bickering and arbitrary rankings. I think folks expect something from Pogba that he's not capable of giving, so that's kinda overrating him.

I think Hazard's a bit overrated too, was terrible last year.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Are you suggesting that Pirlo n Xavi were an better of tacklers than Toni?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well, even then. Someone actually rates him as best MF in the world.
Same for Henderson, it's one poster, but only on HF can you find the "Alpa Hendo is the best B2B in the world".

If it's just one guy it's not the forum. I over-rated Torsten Mattuschka just because he was the awesomest player of his generation, and over-rate Kramer a little just cause he's the coolest player right now; but that doesn't mean the whole forum over-rates those two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad