Most overrated duo by their own HF fans?

Most overrated duo by their own HF fans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I get why the Habs duo is in the lead - but on the habs board most people say KK will be a ~60 point 2 way center in his prime. I think that's fairly reasonable. No one is really saying anything stupid like "90-100+ points". Maybe HF thinks 60 points is also way too much, not sure.

Caufield has high expectations that's true, but I don't know that he's overrated. Might be my homer glasses.

I'll say NJ - and Hughes especially in mind. Was temped to say Eichel and Buffalo - but I think it's HF in general that overrates Eichel, not Sabre fans specifically

lol why? Leaf fans think Marner isn't worth a 7th round pick at the moment. I think Leaf fans underrate their duo if anything....
They still think Matthews is the second coming though.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
They still think Matthews is the second coming though.

True - but it's not that bad anymore. ~3 years ago you'd see a ton of Matthews > McDavid arguments. Nobody does that anymore - and almost none of them even argue Matthews > Mack

Wierzbowski426

Nov 1, 2019
New Jersey
Definitely Hughes/Hischier

If you went by what Devils fans say you’d think they were Bergeron and Point.

Hischier has a massively overrated defensive game. NJ fans feel the need to overrate his defense in order to buoy his reputation, as he has been very underwhelming offensively.

Hughes has time since he’s so young, but he’s not a top 6 center yet. He needs mass and experience. That being said, most elite 1st overall pick centers were better than 20-30 point players when they were teenagers.

*EDIT*

wrong thread

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I throw a challenge flag. Show me one instance of even the most homer of all homer Habs fans (and we have lots of them) saying they wouldn't trade KK for Eichel.

What team do you cheer for? Did you make sure to include a duo from them in the poll?

Ya I'm a Devils fan and yes there is definitely a Devils duo on there

DeeQ

Apr 1, 2017
81BfjqGiUXL._SL1500_.jpg

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Genuinely surprised MTL is running away with this, I thought the Devils duo or Sens for sure

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Out of those options, I think it's Kotka-Caufield
Hischier-Hughes also up there IMO

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Never said he was top 10 but there’s a legit argument for him being in the top 10 right now. Only centers clearly better in no order are McDavid, Draisaitl, Crosby, MacKinnon, Point, and Barkov. Debatable between guys like Aho, Couturier, Scheifele, Barzal. The latter 3 he has a clear edge over right now if you don’t factor in age or contract yet people are hesitant to put Zibanejad over Barzal or Scheifele despite Zibanejad being better than both over the past 2 years. I mean this year was seen as a down year for Zibanejad yet he still finished 11th in C scoring and 5th in goals, and being better defensively than at least half the guys above him, but yeah still isn’t considered a top 15 C by most

especially Barzal, and I’ve never seen Zibanejad win a poll against Barzal, despite Zibanejad being considerably better these past 2 seasons offensively and defensively. Hell, Zibanejad wasn’t even at .5 PPG 25 games into the season and still finished with a better PPG than Barzal in more games. Yet somehow the narrative is that Barzal>Zibanejad

...... Matthews ?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I didn't add them as Toronto fans here don't overrate them. In fact they continually shit on them... Plus they would have won by a landslide cuz people are weird

Toronto fans continually shit on Marner after playoff flame outs. Matthews, for the most part, can do no wrong.

Reactions: Anantika

HugeInTheShire

Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Toronto fans continually shit on Marner after playoff flame outs. Matthews, for the most part, can do no wrong.

This is true, I guess I could have went Matthews + Nylander or something
but I really didn't want to add a Toronto duo cuz they'd just destroy the competition

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Quinn Hughes. The kid can't play defence if his life depended on it. Terrible in his own zone, terrible at winning puck battles and always loses his coverage.

If only the Canucks had... like... a really good defenceman that complimented a young Hughes really well... and was like... open to staying with the team, but, like, never got a call from the GM even.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Genuinely surprised MTL is running away with this, I thought the Devils duo or Sens for sure

Why is that surprising? Montreal probably has more fans than the Devils and Senators combined, so by sheer numbers alone you're more likely to run into one or more loud homer voices coming from Montreal. That doesn't make Montreal fans any better or worse than other fanbases, but it is a reality.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
If only the Canucks had... like... a really good defenceman that complimented a young Hughes really well... and was like... open to staying with the team, but, like, never got a call from the GM even.

BUT BENNING RAN OUT OF TIME!

He was sure to make time to extend Tanner Pearson for some reason though. That completely makes up for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad