Most overrated duo by their own HF fans?

Most overrated duo by their own HF fans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raian

Apr 19, 2021
Voted for the Devils duo due to the shocking choice to claim Zibanejad-Buchnevich is overrated. The Rangers have some overrated players (Trouba, Kreider, Miller). Those two are not overrated.
What?

Zibanejad is heralded by Rangers fans as a top 10 center, which can be classified as overrated if you argue it properly

Who the hell has said Jack Hughes or Nico Hischier are top anything? Besides top-6 centers, which they are

I think your understanding of the word overrated is off. Also voting out of spite is pretty weird too, like as if its an NJ vs NY poll

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Voted for the Devils duo due to the shocking choice to claim Zibanejad-Buchnevich is overrated. The Rangers have some overrated players (Trouba, Kreider, Miller). Those two are not overrated.

Ranger fans on here will tell you that McDavid is only slightly better than Zib and Bergeron is only slightly better than Buch... they're overrated on this site by their own fans.

As are all of the players on this list, they're just 2 guys I've noticed get waaay too much love from their fans

This is a poll about this site overrating players, definitely not saying they're overrated IRL

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What?

Zibanejad is heralded by Rangers fans as a top 10 center, which can be classified as overrated if you argue it properly

Who the hell has said Jack Hughes or Nico Hischier are top anything? Besides top-6 centers, which they are

I think your understanding of the word overrated is off. Also voting out of spite is pretty weird too, like as if its an NJ vs NY poll

It’s to spite the completely ridiculous suggestion that those two players are overrated. Why is it weird to spite vote? Does that type of thing not happen plenty in this section?

If Zibanejad isn’t a top 10 center, he’s top 15. I’m not sure how that gets him on a most overrated poll. And no ones claiming he’s a top 3-4 center in the league. If someone thinks he’s the 9th best and he’s actually the 13th best center, he’s not really that overrated.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ranger fans on here will tell you that McDavid is only slightly better than Zib and Bergeron is only slightly better than Buch... they're overrated on this site by their own fans.

As are all of the players on this list, they're just 2 guys I've noticed get waaay too much love from their fans

This is a poll about this site overrating players, definitely not saying they're overrated IRL

I have not seen any of that.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Zibanejad’s play the last 3 years is absolutely a valid argument for him being a top 10 center right now. Dude is PPG over his last 200 or so games yet fans around the league say he still needs to prove he’s even elite

Lol who is your top 10 if you have him in there? You are now showing how he’s overrated on here…

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I have not seen any of that.

It happens every time Zib comes up in a trade... they expect to get Eichel for him, that's not reality

Guess I should change my vote since we're voting out of spite, instead of actually answering the question in the poll

Now if you're picking the Devil duo based on stuff you've actually seen here, that's fine as Devil fans sure as heck overrate those 2 here

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Quinn Hughes. The kid can't play defence if his life depended on it. Terrible in his own zone, terrible at winning puck battles and always loses his coverage.
Not saying he's a stud on D but you are way off. Kid has been thrust into a top pairing role with a revolving door of partners this past season on a team that easily had the worst schedule in the league. From about game #20 he was basically an even plus-minus after a terrible 19 games with Benn as his partner. Keeping in mind whenever they trailed he was told to push and pinch, which often leads to missed assignments. But I get it it's easy to look at stats without context and yes he had some really shitty games against the Oilers and Leafs top lines but again he is 21 who never had just one partner to gel with.
Hopefully, that gets sorted next season.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
No one overrates Boeser. He is underrated by his own fanbase as well.
Ya that surprised me as well since like you said our own fans shit on him even tho he's been very good despite massive injury every season. I think this was just to get people to shit on Quinn and his -24 that stat watchers love to throw in nuck fans faces, despite it being a flawed stat.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Read the original post, it's not a most overrated poll... It's a most overrated by their own fans poll

Kotkaniemi is a good young hockey player, but you'll find many Canadien fans on here saying they wouldn't trade him for Eichel.... that is overrating your own players

What? Go through the Habs boards I'm one of the biggest KK fans on it and I'd ship him out for Eichel and was on board for trading him for Dubois (thank goodness they didn't based on this past series).

Habs Fans on average think KK was a reach of a Pick and most think he'll become a 2C. How is that overrating him?

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Lol who is your top 10 if you have him in there? You are now showing how he’s overrated on here…
Never said he was top 10 but there’s a legit argument for him being in the top 10 right now. Only centers clearly better in no order are McDavid, Draisaitl, Crosby, MacKinnon, Point, and Barkov. Debatable between guys like Aho, Couturier, Scheifele, Barzal. The latter 3 he has a clear edge over right now if you don’t factor in age or contract yet people are hesitant to put Zibanejad over Barzal or Scheifele despite Zibanejad being better than both over the past 2 years. I mean this year was seen as a down year for Zibanejad yet he still finished 11th in C scoring and 5th in goals, and being better defensively than at least half the guys above him, but yeah still isn’t considered a top 15 C by most

especially Barzal, and I’ve never seen Zibanejad win a poll against Barzal, despite Zibanejad being considerably better these past 2 seasons offensively and defensively. Hell, Zibanejad wasn’t even at .5 PPG 25 games into the season and still finished with a better PPG than Barzal in more games. Yet somehow the narrative is that Barzal>Zibanejad

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Lot of desert dogs like to talk about Clayton Keller / Phil Kessel. As a duo I believe they are overrated, but individually, I believe Kessel is slightly underrated.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Read the original post, it's not a most overrated poll... It's a most overrated by their own fans poll

Kotkaniemi is a good young hockey player, but you'll find many Canadien fans on here saying they wouldn't trade him for Eichel.... that is overrating your own players

I throw a challenge flag. Show me one instance of even the most homer of all homer Habs fans (and we have lots of them) saying they wouldn't trade KK for Eichel.

What team do you cheer for? Did you make sure to include a duo from them in the poll?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Apparently Batherson is better than Bratt lol so Stutzle+Batherson

Yes that's what NON-Sens fans have voted in majority, despite some Devils fans trying to vote Bratt even if there was a "Devils fans" option...

You make it sound like if Batherson was some kind of obscure prospect coming outta nowhere (like Bratt did before making the NHL). The WHOLE NHL has been high on him for a while, it's not just Sens fans... He was a dominant AHL player from the moment he started playing there. The Senators who went for a 100% roster rebuild had the luxury to cook him in the A

January 11, 2021 : Batherson 31st

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

2020-05-12 : Batherson 10th

Top 200 Fantasy Prospect Forwards - May 2020

08/07/2019 : Batherson 33rd

NHL prospect rankings: Top 50 players in NHL pipelines for 2019-20

Batherson played in the Q (I live here), and there was already a lot of buzz building up around him in the 2018-18, despite being Montreal media coverage.

Last year in his first real NHL season, not only he has produced at 25 goals/50 pts pace but he has shown signs that he could be a PPG player. I doubt it because that's pretty damn rare but your "pparently Batherson is better than Bratt lol" is extremely ridiculous.

Last edited:

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Idk if they are a duo per say but I nominate MacKinnon and Makar.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Definitely Hughes/Hischier

If you went by what Devils fans say you’d think they were Bergeron and Point.

Hischier has a massively overrated defensive game. NJ fans feel the need to overrate his defense in order to buoy his reputation, as he has been very underwhelming offensively.

Hughes has time since he’s so young, but he’s not a top 6 center yet. He needs mass and experience. That being said, most elite 1st overall pick centers were better than 20-30 point players when they were teenagers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anantika and Lays

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I think NJ fans definitely overrate their 1st overall picks. As an Oilers fan who has seen RNH’s career over the last 10 years, there are comparables to both players. Specifically Hischier.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I get why the Habs duo is in the lead - but on the habs board most people say KK will be a ~60 point 2 way center in his prime. I think that's fairly reasonable. No one is really saying anything stupid like "90-100+ points". Maybe HF thinks 60 points is also way too much, not sure.

Caufield has high expectations that's true, but I don't know that he's overrated. Might be my homer glasses.

I'll say NJ - and Hughes especially in mind. Was temped to say Eichel and Buffalo - but I think it's HF in general that overrates Eichel, not Sabre fans specifically

Umm where’s the Leafs duo?

lol why? Leaf fans think Marner isn't worth a 7th round pick at the moment. I think Leaf fans underrate their duo if anything....

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad