Most overrated and underrated of the 2004 eligibles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman*

Overrated---Andrew Ladd

I love the guy, but he's not good enough to warrant a #2 ranking by CSB. I can see him going in the 21-26 range, but definitely not that high.

Underrated---i dunno. there are usually few prospects who are underrated going into drafts.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Hitman said:
Overrated---Andrew Ladd

I love the guy, but he's not good enough to warrant a #2 ranking by CSB. I can see him going in the 21-26 range, but definitely not that high.

Redline just moved him up to #12 overall. Looks like CSS isn't alone in their projection of him.

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Overrated:
Andrew Ladd
Alexander Picard
Mike Green(Someone had him in the top 5:confused:)
Marek Shwarz

Underrated:
Rob Schremp
Aki Seitsonen
Mark Fistric
I agree with Green and Schwarz. Not sure about Schremp, I sort of get the impression he's been getting a bit more attention than he deserves.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I have to admit, I think Marek Schwartz is the most overrated. Not that he's any good, but he didn't strike me as being a top 10 draft prospect in the WJC's. I thought Montoya, on the other hand, was the most underrated player in that tournament from what I saw of him (Lepisto be damned!).

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Schremp is my pick for underrated, everyone seems to like his talent but his attitude is extremely overplayed.

For a kid who has the skill to be a top 3 pick I've seen him fall out of the top 10 way too often.

Saprykin Fan

Sep 8, 2002
Visit site
hey

may not be likely underrated player but there is one player outa junior a his name is, Mason Raymond, scouts have been looking at him as well as bertram!! maymond will suprise people but needs to put on the pounds!!!

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
I've only seen him three times, but Michael Funk struck me as someone who had all the tools to be a top 4 NHL defenseman. Good size (needs to fill out, though), skating, puck moving and decision making. CSS rated he and Fistric both in the mid 20s, and assuming Fistric is rated appropriately, I think Funk should be rated higher.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Overrated... Travis Zajac
Underrated... Sean Garrity (Green Bay - USHL)... due to his mono earlier this year

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Saprykin Fan said:
may not be likely underrated player but there is one player outa junior a his name is, Mason Raymond, scouts have been looking at him as well as bertram!! maymond will suprise people but needs to put on the pounds!!!

Scouts are there for Bertram.

Raymond wasn't a 1st or 2nd All-Star team selection.

Never even heard of this kid.

leafaholix*

Overrated: Schremp and Smid.
Underrated: Salmonsson and Green.

X-SHARKIE

Overated: Ovechkin (just a bit, best talent in awhile but he cant single handily turn Pittsburg around, just warning you Pen fans.) I also think Wolski gets to much press, he's soft,
Underated: Schremp, Schwarz (could be Richter), Lisin,O'Neil, Carl Soderburg, T.J. Hensick, Montoya...goaltending is a big head game, and he's got one of the best heads on any goaltender.BRUCCCEE GRAHM ...he rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->