Most NHL ready prospect

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
no one is really ready, but Alzner is the closest, easily, actually he would be capable of playing a 3rd pairing role right now IMO, but thats not what you want a top prospect to do, thats rushing a prospect, something pretty dumb I have seen screw up many careers like Brule (okay there is time to turn it around, but they arent doing a good job at it by playing him like 10 min instead of AHL, bunch of dummies).

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
voracek
alzner
JVR
sweatt
ellerby

are the MOST nhl ready players in this draft IMO.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Maybe its just me, but i find Ellerby rather raw, he seems like he has all the tools, but i dont know about the toolbox like they sat, i dont like him as much as most people anyways though...

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Maybe its just me, but i find Ellerby rather raw, he seems like he has all the tools, but i dont know about the toolbox like they sat, i dont like him as much as most people anyways though...

i like ellerby a lot. im not saying he is ready, but he is one of the guys that are closest to being ready. he is big, strong and good defensively. he wont make the nhl next season, but i think he will be in the show in about 1-2 years. most likely two.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
i like ellerby a lot. im not saying he is ready, but he is one of the guys that are closest to being ready. he is big, strong and good defensively. he wont make the nhl next season, but i think he will be in the show in about 1-2 years. most likely two.

Maybe you are right, I am just not sold on him totallym i think he has nice upside. Because of the attributes he has developed as long as hes willing to do the work he should atleast be a good defensive defenseman, he is 4th on my list behind Alzner, McDonagh and Shattenkirk,

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Maybe you are right, I am just not sold on him totallym i think he has nice upside. Because of the attributes he has developed as long as hes willing to do the work he should atleast be a good defensive defenseman, he is 4th on my list behind Alzner, McDonagh and Shattenkirk,

yeah. i have the same four guys but my ranking is like this.

alzner
ellerby
shattenkirk
mcdonagh

mintsauce

Feb 4, 2005
Ontario
www.livejournal.com
Depends on which group of players you are talking about. If you're talking about players who have already been drafted but have yet to play in the NHL, it's Toews.

Otherwise, i'd go with JVR, Alzner, or Voracek. I'd still draft Kane though.

Heater

May 4, 2007
I can't see any of the top guys ready to step in right away. For crying out loud, Johnson, Toews etc. didnt even do that, and in a 'weaker' draft, what makes you think these guy will be able to?

Someone from the 2nd round MIGHT pull a "Patrice Bergeron" but no one in the 1st round is ready to step into the NHL, and if a team does keep them on their pro roster - they are Pejorative Slured

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
I can't see any of the top guys ready to step in right away. For crying out loud, Johnson, Toews etc. didnt even do that, and in a 'weaker' draft, what makes you think these guy will be able to?

Heater makes a good point. The 2006 first round of 30 only produced 2 players Kessel and Staal who stepped right up to the NHL. I don't know if there were any more from the 2-7th rounds. So it looks like 2 out of 210? In what has been considered a better draft.

I didn't check 2005 or prior to see how many made it right out of the draft. This would be interesting to know how many from each year made it right away.

It would be safe to assume that at the most 2, from the 2007 draft, could maybe stay up. So drafting best player available is the best advise. You can always trade for what you want. See Forsberg...Parent etc.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Someone from the 2nd round MIGHT pull a "Patrice Bergeron" but no one in the 1st round is ready to step into the NHL, and if a team does keep them on their pro roster - they are Pejorative Slured

what happened last year doesnt really matter for this draft. Those 2 players both were college players...big difference. Both might be better players then the top 2 from this draft, but that is not why anyone from 07 cant make it next season. The top pick will likely be Kane a CHL prospect. Players drafted out of major junior USUALLY take less time to go pro then anyone from College or Europe. Not saying that it will happen, but CHL players already play an NHL "ready" style schedule, they are much more prepared to jump in immediately if so asked.

I wouldnt put too much weight on what Toews and Johnson did last year, because this is a completely different situation. Kane, Alzner, and Voracek are most everyones 3 most ready players...hmm all 3 play major junior hockey..what a coincidence. You could make a case for JVR also, but highly unlikely that he can make that big of a jump, same goes for Turris.

I dont follow the "and if a team does keep them on their pro roster - they are Pejorative Slured" comment. ???? :help::help: If a player is good enough to make an NHL team from this draft, why would it be Pejorative Slured for them to do so?? Isnt the point of drafting, to find players that can fill your roster spots effectively as soon as humanly possible?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

no one said anyone is ready NOW. the question is who is MOST ready to play in the nhl.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad