Most Memorable Moments Countdown v.2018

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
No. It's big, huge even, but not number two.

Games 2 - Stevens "You're next", 27 goes coast to coast
Game 4 1995 Cup -Sarge goal, Peluso in the final moments
Arnott's Cup clincher in 2000
The series clinching game over OTT in 2003

Are all bigger moments. I'd mix it in with Johnny Mac's goal in 1988 as just behind the list above.

Marty's goal against MTL in 1997 is another one in the mix.

nevermind, i think i misunderstood

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You know what never gets any love. Game 7 Buffalo in 1994

It was the first time we won a playoff series in 6 years. Lost a crippling game 6. Trailing early staring down Hasek. Brodeur makes a godly save and the tide turns

That series win showed me the franchise had arrived.

I was at that game in a great seat. You could really tell NJ was the better team. It shouldn't have been that close.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Just a few off the top of my head that aren't on the list. Some much more important than others.

Henrique OT goal
Hall wins Hart
Brodeur breaks wins and shutout record
Elias last game
Elias retirement game
Brodeur retirement game
Lou Lamoriello hires Ray Shero to take over as GM
Lou Lamoriello leaves organization
Trade is one for one
Devils draft Nico Hischier #1 overall
Devils comeback vs Leafs in Kovalchuks first game
Kovalchuk signs 17 year deal. Rejected. Signs 15 year deal. Leaves 3 years in. LOL
Marty goal in playoffs
Entire 1988 season

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Just a few off the top of my head that aren't on the list. Some much more important than others.

Henrique OT goal
Hall wins Hart
Brodeur breaks wins and shutout record
Elias last game
Elias retirement game
Brodeur retirement game

Lou Lamoriello hires Ray Shero to take over as GM
Lou Lamoriello leaves organization
Trade is one for one
Devils draft Nico Hischier #1 overall
Kovalchuk signs 17 year deal. Rejected. Signs 15 year deal. Leaves 3 years in. LOL
Marty goal in playoffs
Entire 1988 season

These are the 6 I would add to the current list as well as Brodeur's last game.

Neidermeyer kicking the Rangers jersey should be on here.
"Mickey Mouse" Organization

One of my favorites was 2000 playoffs game 1 and the back to back goals from Brylin and Sykora. The most electric I've ever seen Continental Airlines.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Marty goal in playoffs
Entire 1988 season

In regards to these specifically...I've always thought that first post-Kovalchuk game was the most OVERhyped moment in recent franchise history. It's not like the team took off after that comeback or it meant anything, the team still collapsed down the stretch. The '88 season and Marty's goal ARE represented on the list (moment #6 is Marty's goal, moments #14, 16 and 17 are the '88 season - other than the fat pig comment with should be on there too lol).

The rest of your list is fine...Nico at #1 should probably go somewhere even now just for the historical significance of it. Lou's departure/Shero's hiring also belongs on a most memorable list for sure, more or less as one entity since we knew Lou would eventually leave once he wasn't the GM. Unfortunately the Kovalchuk mess belongs somewhere on the list too, more the contract situation than him actually leaving.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Not that it belongs on the list, but one of the most memorable moments for me is Parise's first game, which happened to also be Crosby's first game. Parise out-scored Crosby and the crowd was chanting "Parise's Better".

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not that it belongs on the list, but one of the most memorable moments for me is Parise's first game, which happened to also be Crosby's first game. Parise out-scored Crosby and the crowd was chanting "Parise's Better".

Yeah I remember that too, but also partly cause it was the first game back in eighteen months.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Yeah I remember that too, but also partly cause it was the first game back in eighteen months.
It was particularly memorable for me because not only was I at the game, I was spending chunks of it in the concourse on a work call trying to resolve some technical issues for a TV station in, of all places, Pittsburgh.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Didn't Malkin score his first NHL goal that game against Marty?

I feel like theres over 50 players with their first NHL goal against Brodeur
Malkin didn’t come to the NHL until 2006-2007. So he wasn’t in that game. He did score his first goal on Marty, though. It was the next season. Is that “I scored my first ever goal on Marty Brodeur” thread still in existence? There were a lot of names, but a lot of them were just bums that scored only a couple career goals and were probably content with their career for scoring on the GOAT. Chad Wiseman was some rando who scored his first on Marty. Back when he played for the Raggies. He was on the A-Devs for a while after that.

Reactions: HockeysFinest

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Malkin didn’t come to the NHL until 2006-2007. So he wasn’t in that game. He did score his first goal on Marty, though. It was the next season. Is that “I scored my first ever goal on Marty Brodeur” thread still in existence? There were a lot of names, but a lot of them were just bums that scored only a couple career goals and were probably content with their career for scoring on the GOAT. Chad Wiseman was some rando who scored his first on Marty. Back when he played for the Raggies. He was on the A-Devs for a while after that.
Did Chad Wiseman score for the Rangers on the same day that Igor Larionov scored his one and only goal as a Devil? I know it was the same year, but I don't feel like looking up game logs right now. I do know Valiquette was in nets for the Rangers the game Larionov scored. And it was definitely late in the season when Larionov scored, because I remember thinking ''Who would have thought he wouldn't have scored his first goal of the season until game 75?'' or something like that.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Did Chad Wiseman score for the Rangers on the same day that Igor Larionov scored his one and only goal as a Devil? I know it was the same year, but I don't feel like looking up game logs right now. I do know Valiquette was in nets for the Rangers the game Larionov scored. And it was definitely late in the season when Larionov scored, because I remember thinking ''Who would have thought he wouldn't have scored his first goal of the season until game 75?'' or something like that.

ask and bleed shall receive…….

white and stevenson with assists…yes……….white.

it wasnt his best moment with the whole sequence but …..he got on the sheet!

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
ask and bleed shall receive…….

white and stevenson with assists…yes……….white.

it wasnt his best moment with the whole sequence but …..he got on the sheet!

What a bust signing that was. He had a two point game on opening night and score a few of his points in the first several games that year, then he pretty much disappeared. Haha I looked it up and Chad Wiseman scored his goal against us in January of 2004. This game where Larionov scored was on March 30th. That was Larionov’s last regular season game ever played in his career and his 49th game of that season. And that’s how long it took him to score! Holy shit.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
What a bust signing that was. He had a two point game on opening night and score a few of his points in the first several games that year, then he pretty much disappeared. Haha I looked it up and Chad Wiseman scored his goal against us in January of 2004. This game where Larionov scored was on March 30th. That was Larionov’s last regular season game ever played in his career and his 49th game of that season. And that’s how long it took him to score! Holy ****.
Larionov’s lone goal was like the ultimate snapping of futility up that point. Until about 12 years later when Tuomo Ruutu finally scored his first point of the year in the last game of the season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Larionov’s lone goal was like the ultimate snapping of futility up that point. Until about 12 years later when Tuomo Ruutu finally scored his first point of the year in the last game of the season.
Never forget.

Ruutu means one..... point all season long, in the last game of the season, possibly in the last period of the season!

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
off subject but why don't the devils put out a dvd of all these great memories? outside of the star ledger doing the 25 years book awhile back they haven't done anything. i really thought with the new owners coming on board that they would do something esp for the $

side bar off subject but who even watches dvd's anymore? in the future how would teams give people their championship "dvd" discs? lol download code?

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Some great moments and many or most have been listed already. A bit under the radar but I will always remember the miracle in Montreal in April of 2006. Down 3-0 and the division crown seemingly out of reach.

I was in high school and got none of my homework done as I was listening to the Devils radio feed that evening. Hearing the tying goal and eventually Langenbrunner's winner made me literally jump out of my chair. I got no homework done that night.

The '06 run was a blast.

Reactions: Nubmer6

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Some great moments and many or most have been listed already. A bit under the radar but I will always remember the miracle in Montreal in April of 2006. Down 3-0 and the division crown seemingly out of reach.

I was in high school and got none of my homework done as I was listening to the Devils radio feed that evening. Hearing the tying goal and eventually Langenbrunner's winner made me literally jump out of my chair. I got no homework done that night.

The '06 run was a blast.
Back in 2006, "out of market streaming" meant listening to NHL.com's radio feed of John Hennessey and Randy Velischek calling shootouts and trying to imagine what happened, then waking up and watching the highlight video the next morning.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Back in 2006, "out of market streaming" meant listening to NHL.com's radio feed of John Hennessey and Randy Velischek calling shootouts and trying to imagine what happened, then waking up and watching the highlight video the next morning.

Bang on. I remember these moments fondly growing up. Devils were hardly ever on TV up here during the season and I listened to Hennessey and Velischek a lot. Brings back some great memories

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Bang on. I remember these moments fondly growing up. Devils were hardly ever on TV up here during the season and I listened to Hennessey and Velischek a lot. Brings back some great memories
I've told this story before but I thought it was worth repeating.

I remember back in the EARLY days, the Devils games were broadcast on PBS Channel 13...

On tape delay...

And they'd edit out all the fights. You'd see people getting together in a scrum and suddenly there was a faceoff.

I used to like... I think it was Chris Moore on the radio calls (with Larry Brooks of all people doing the color). I think they're the ones who called the McLean goal that got us into the playoffs for the first time. I was in college and did a backflip down the dorm hall (and didn't quite make it. I think my shoulder is still screwed up to this day).

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
off subject but why don't the devils put out a dvd of all these great memories? outside of the star ledger doing the 25 years book awhile back they haven't done anything. i really thought with the new owners coming on board that they would do something esp for the $

side bar off subject but who even watches dvd's anymore? in the future how would teams give people their championship "dvd" discs? lol download code?

They would have to license the footage from the league. They aren’t going to take a loss on stuff like that if it won’t sell well enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->