NCAA: Most Memorable Games

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Soooo......most memorable games (your team or not). I was at MSU in 2005 for the PSU game. Obv heavy drinking was involved. USC p\layed Fresno St in a bizarrely late game. I remember watching this game at like 1 or 2 am central time after/during a heavy drinking night at MSU. This was a reggie bush game. Reggie was playing a different game to everyone else in this game. Fresno legit almost won but, reggie wudnt let it happen. Whats yalls most memorable game in ur lifetime?

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
For my team, #4 Mizzou vs. #2 Kansas (what a weird thing to type...for both schools lol). Mizzou wins, jumps to #1 for a week, only to lose in the Big 12 championship game.

Only a week at #1, but man, what a week.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Soooo......most memorable games (your team or not). I was at MSU in 2005 for the PSU game. Obv heavy drinking was involved. USC p\layed Fresno St in a bizarrely late game. I remember watching this game at like 1 or 2 am central time after/during a heavy drinking night at MSU. This was a reggie bush game. Reggie was playing a different game to everyone else in this game. Fresno legit almost won but, reggie wudnt let it happen. Whats yalls most memorable game in ur lifetime?

What are you talking about? That Fresno/USC game never happened! :sarcasm:

(Seriously, I watched that game live, and seeing that Reggie Bush run where he cut all the way across the field was the stuff of legends.)

app state over michigan

A lot of the country didn't have Big Ten Network at the time. I know I didn't.

For my team, #4 Mizzou vs. #2 Kansas (what a weird thing to type...for both schools lol). Mizzou wins, jumps to #1 for a week, only to lose in the Big 12 championship game.

Only a week at #1, but man, what a week.

I think they missed a BCS bowl (RIP) that year?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Unfortunately, I fell asleep before the Boise/OU game and USC/Texas games (I was young back then... not young young, but young enough). So I didn't see those live. I've obviously seen re-runs on ESPN Classic or whatever.

Involving my team... sadly, probably the biggest win in the history of my college football fandom was a win over Notre Dame (I think they were 9th or something). ASU had a few pick sixes on defense. They rose to 6th in the CFP rankings, but they lost at Oregon State the next week. Bummer.

Honestly, there have been so many classic games that I don't know which one I consider the most memorable.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What are you talking about? That Fresno/USC game never happened! :sarcasm:

(Seriously, I watched that game live, and seeing that Reggie Bush run where he cut all the way across the field was the stuff of legends.)

A lot of the country didn't have Big Ten Network at the time. I know I didn't.

I think they missed a BCS bowl (RIP) that year?
Yeah, they missed out. Kansas ended up with the at-large.

2 of the best games I ever saw were BCS Championship Games - Miami vs. Ohio State which OSU won in double overtime, and the fabled USC/Texas Rose Bowl where Vince Young basically won the game by himself. In the leadup to the game, ESPN did nightly panels about how USC would match up against the greatest college football teams of all-time and always concluded that USC would win.

A couple other games I remember is the Texas/Ohio State game in the horseshoe (during that same season), and a few years later when Texas Tech beat Texas 39-33 which I thought just had a great call for the winning touchdown.

Virginia Tech ending Miami's winning streak was a fun one, too.

Last edited:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Stanford/USC at the Coliseum. Richard Sherman caught a huge 4th down pass on that game winning drive. Also USC/Notre Dame in 2005.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
The U's 1st National Championship in 1984 when they went into the Orange Bowl game as a huge underdog to what many had called the greatest college football team in history and beat Nebraska 31-30 when Nebraska failed on a 2 point conversion with under a minute to go.

Honorary mentions to any of the wide right/left Miami/FSU games & the game in 1985 when they beat Notre Dame 58-7 in what was Gerry Faust's last game as ND's coach & Brent Musburger & Ara Parseghian on the CBS telecast were practically in tears over how Jimmy Johnson was running up the score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad