Most "meh" Blues Player

The Typo Truther

Nov 29, 2011
Kansas City, MO
Was having this discussion last night and had a good time with it. Which top Blues player could you live without. Not that you think the team should give him away for nothing (that spot is reserved for Stewart in my book) or table scraps, but who you just don't have any strong feelings for one way or the other. We put the minimum at $2 million/year. There was a runaway in our group.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Leopold is the correct answer with the $2 million minimum. If we lost him for nothing no one would care. If we lost Stewart for nothing, it would be terrible asset management because he still has value.

Edit: Haha, forgot about Roy, he's right with Leopold.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Leopold is the correct answer with the $2 million minimum. If we lost him for nothing no one would care. If we lost Stewart for nothing, it would be terrible asset management because he still has value.

Edit: Haha, forgot about Roy, he's right with Leopold.

Forgot about him..... :laugh:

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
"Top player"? I guess Stewart.

Overall Jackman

not counting Roy or Leopold

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
Yeah, Roy I guess. Reminds me or AMac at the end of his run. Although, Berglund is really right there. Sometimes I forget he's even on the team.:laugh:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Stewert. Seems to be valued by other teams fanbase, so he should fetch something in return.

Roy- dosnt fill his intended position well, but he isnt a total failure. I dont care one way other the other with him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Derek Roy. Liked not having him in the lineup last night honestly.

Leopold and Halak are also right there.

Would love to dump these guys for anything we can get and use the salary elsewhere.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Stewart

If we could trade him for Brendan Gallagher, Troy Brouwer, or Drew Stafford I would jump for joy!

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
1. Jackman - I like his game but I think he is too slow. Leopold and Cole seem to move the puck much better.

2. Roy - Being wasted right now. Can't figure out why he is in the doghouse, but he is.

3. Stewart - Way too much of an enigma. Streaky scoring is good for bad teams, not teams vying for a chance at the Cup. Many analysts say teams want size/skill in post season, so Armstrong should try and trade Stewart for a player more suited to Hitch's system.

4. Coliacovo - Because honestly, he's made of glass and it's just a matter of when he gets hurt.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Faulk

:jk:

I try to find old thread where we have introduce members in Blues board. I clicked almost 70 pages back, I guess I missed it or it has been deleted. I don't know would have been neat to read those.

It was also sticked in Blues board. I guess @EastonBlues22 remembers it.

Last edited:

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Faulk

I try to find old thread where we have introduce members in Blues board. I clicked almost 70 pages back, I guess I missed it or it has been deleted. I don't know would have been neat to read those.

Alexander steen?

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Faulk

Who else? :laugh:

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Erik Johnson, for what he did for this franchise in comparison to other 1st overall picks.

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I was all set to compose something indignant, outraged and generally flabbergasted about Barret Jackman being included in this thread, followed by a lecture on what he has meant, (and still means), to this franchise .... and then I read the dates. :sarcasm: Bumpity bump, bump.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Steen
Bozak

almost 11 million of salary of meh
Vehemently disagree on Bozak.

He's 5th among Blues forwards in goals, 7th in points, is the 2nd best faceoff man on the roster, is posting good possession numbers and carries an excellent expected +/- of 5.2 on the season. Unless we are just saying all non-top-6 forwards are "meh" then Bozak doesn't fit in this category. His contribution is exactly what a Cup contender needs in the middle 6. The AAV is high for his role, but that was the cost of getting him to sign a 3 year deal instead of a 4-5 year deal in UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->