Most Loyal and Passionate fans of the 7 canadiens cities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Selling out through 10 years of no playoffs. And when we made the playoffs were the loudest fans up there with Nashville. My vote may be homeish but it is Edmonton.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Having been to games various games in Canada including Edmonton, Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto. I found the Habs crowd the most passionate. Nothing like a game on a Saturday in Montreal.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Selling out through 10 years of no playoffs. And when we made the playoffs were the loudest fans up therw with Nashville. My vote may be homeish but it is Edmonton.

I think you have a very good point here

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Define passion.

Loud arena? Probably the Jets.

Although that is harder to judge as Montreal and Toronto will have "real" fans unable to afford tickets, so noise might not be the best factor.

Team support? Only one team has the longest drought, has been a laughing stock almost the entire time and the punching bag of fans of other teams, and STILL sold out every game and been a top grossing franchise.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
Oiler fans are so loyal they gave a billionaire free money to build his new arena. I can't even imagine the backlash Mlse would take from Toronto if they asked for this. They would get laughed at and it would cost them fans.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Oiler fans are so loyal they gave a billionaire free money to build his new arena. I can't even imagine the backlash Mlse would take from Toronto if they asked for this. They would get laughed at and it would cost them fans.

Yup the whole city knew and understood that Katz was ****ing us but we still went through with it. To be fair Rexall was really old, the upgrade was long overdue.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I lived in both cities Montreal and Edmonton for a good portion of my life. I would say Edmonton is more loyal. Montreal only seems to be because they are over double in population.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

You have no idea what Leafs fans have been through if you think an ill-advised arena proposal would cost them fans.

"Look, I was fine with Harold Ballard, the team mishandling a horrible sex scandal and being one of the worst teams of the cap era while having the highest ticket prices in the league. But I can't be a Leafs fan anymore after they suggested using some public money." Nah.

You are right about it being laughed at though, just because the city understands the team will never leave so there's no leverage to steal from taxpayers.

Last edited:

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
In terms of loyalty, I insist on it being us Oilers fans. We kept watching and supporting through the dark days of the Lowe era.

That management team landing McDavid was undeserved (and they were booted before they could get their hands on him). But all of us fans who stuck it out were rewarded by the hockey gods. :yo:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I went with Montreal, right now there is a civil war about if we have one of the best GMs or maybe the worst GM. One side has said the other side aren't true fans because they don't support this under rated and great GM, while other are saying if you support the GM you must dislike the team and chances at success.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Went with Toronto.

70 years with no Cup. I'm not sure how many teams would have such undying, vocal support after such a ridiculous drought.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Having been to games various games in Canada including Edmonton, Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto. I found the Habs crowd the most passionate. Nothing like a game on a Saturday in Montreal.

What in the world does this have to do with anything? The poll didn't ask who had the most loud or passionate crowd.

The ACC doesn't represent the true majority of the Leaf fan base.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What in the world does this have to do with anything? The poll didn't ask who had the most loud or passionate crowd.

The ACC doesn't represent the true majority of the Leaf fan base.

Actually it did have passionate as a criteria. Habs fans are the most passionate from my experience at live games and this is what the OP asked. I can only speak for myself, but as I said, been to the forum in the older days and the Bell Center more recently on a Saturday and night. And no fanbase is more loyal and passionate from my experiences to watching games in 4 NHL cities in Canada. Haven't made it to Vancouver, Winnipeg, or Calgary yet, so can't comment on those.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Actually it did have passionate as a criteria. Habs fans are the most passionate from my experience at live games and this is what the OP asked. I can only speak for myself, but as I said, been to the forum in the older days and the Bell Center more recently on a Saturday and night. And no fanbase is more loyal and passionate from my experiences to watching games in 4 NHL cities in Canada. Haven't made it to Vancouver, Winnipeg, or Calgary yet, so can't comment on those.

Again, that's not what the OP asks at all

Passionate fans, but doesn't mention crowd. OP didn't mention live games. Live games do not represent every city properly.

If that was the question I'd be all for it. The Leaf crowd is subdued and tickets are ridiculously expensive and difficult to get ahold of.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Define passion.

Loud arena? Probably the Jets.

Although that is harder to judge as Montreal and Toronto will have "real" fans unable to afford tickets, so noise might not be the best factor.

Team support? Only one team has the longest drought, has been a laughing stock almost the entire time and the punching bag of fans of other teams, and STILL sold out every game and been a top grossing franchise.

Only way i could define passion is the love in their hearts the fans feels for their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad