Most likely to succeed in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
BINGOV said:
Of the following diminutive forwards, which one or ones do you think will thrive most in the NHL?

Stefan Ruzicka
Alexei Shkotov
Nigel Dawes
Martin St. Pierre
Ben Eaves
Noah Clarke

Shkotov:
Wow, this kid has got some skills!! I saw him playing for the Remparts last season in the playoffs against the Rocket and he was a dominate player. The Blues certainly have a gem in this guy.

guitaraholic*

it's a virtual lock that Shkotov will at least make it TO the NHL, whether or not he lasts or makes an impact is anyone's guess but it's a very, very safe bet so make that he will be an NHL player for at least a short period of time. He's clearly got the skill to succeed at the AHL level and the Blues do need skilled wingers at the NHL level sooner rather than later and they can't really afford to go outside the organization to get one due to budget constraints... and besides, the Blues scouts and management are already praising Shkotov's skills and skating as NHL level right now.

Kasparov*

Im gonna say Ben Eaves because i haven't seen that other guy play.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Noah Clarke is a heck of a player for a 9th round pick. He seems to get better each year. I'm suprised to see you lump him in with the other more touted players, but he has the drive to at least make it into the NHL imo. His skills are good but he will most likely never be a star. A guy you want on your team and club house.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
I'll go with a Winnipeg homer pick....Nigel Dawes. Still believe he's unbelievably underrated...

Go Dawes!

Avery4Byng*

mymkovski said:
I'll go with a Winnipeg homer pick....Nigel Dawes. Still believe he's unbelievably underrated...

Go Dawes!

Gotta agree with this one. His shot is unreal for a guy his size.

St Pierre did not impress me at the Memorial Cup last year. I'm sure he had a great regular season but when it came down to crunch time in the cup he was nowhere to be seen.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Nigel Dawes.

He is probobly the best player in the WHL right now with possible exception to Ryan Getzlaf. Dawes has 'star player' written all over him. His size has really not bothered him too much, and I think he'll make a good transition to the NHL when the Rangers are ready for him. I wasn't really a huge fan of him before, but after seeing him more in the WJC's and seeing what he has done firsthand in the WHL for a few games now, I realize he's quite an exciting prospect. He probobly should have been a first rounder.

Kasparov*

I didnt even see Dawes there..... i vote for him isntead of Eaves.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
tray said:
Gotta agree with this one. His shot is unreal for a guy his size.

St Pierre did not impress me at the Memorial Cup last year. I'm sure he had a great regular season but when it came down to crunch time in the cup he was nowhere to be seen.

I have to agree and St.Pierre is classless.... after scoring a goal last year in the playoffs he gave a bunch of kids the middle finger because they were pounding on the glass...... absolutely disgusting to do that!!!

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
trahans99 said:
I have to agree and St.Pierre is classless.... after scoring a goal last year in the playoffs he gave a bunch of kids the middle finger because they were pounding on the glass...... absolutely disgusting to do that!!!
Anybody else find that funny?

Why don't we make a poll out of this? I've never seen any of them play so I have no idea, but I'm pretty surprised by all the people who picked Dawes.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Broadway Crosby said:
Anybody else find that funny?

Why don't we make a poll out of this? I've never seen any of them play so I have no idea, but I'm pretty surprised by all the people who picked Dawes.

I'm sure St.Pierre wouldn't find it funny if he does that in the AHL and one of the home team players cleans his clock for it later on in the game.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
KING ELVI said:
Noah Clarke is a heck of a player for a 9th round pick. He seems to get better each year. I'm suprised to see you lump him in with the other more touted players, but he has the drive to at least make it into the NHL imo. His skills are good but he will most likely never be a star. A guy you want on your team and club house.

He reminds me a lot of Darren Haydar...the kind of guy you love to have on your farm team, but will probably never amount to much in the NHL.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
trahans99 said:
I'm sure St.Pierre wouldn't find it funny if he does that in the AHL and one of the home team players cleans his clock for it later on in the game.
With Thompson and/or Henley watching?

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
BINGOV said:
Of the following diminutive forwards, which one or ones do you think will thrive most in the NHL?

Stefan Ruzicka
I wouldn't really call Ruzicka "diminutive" as he's about 6'0 and has a very stocky build, unlike the most of these other guys who are like 5'8 or 5'9.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
guitaraholic said:
it's a virtual lock that Shkotov will at least make it TO the NHL, whether or not he lasts or makes an impact is anyone's guess but it's a very, very safe bet so make that he will be an NHL player for at least a short period of time. He's clearly got the skill to succeed at the AHL level and the Blues do need skilled wingers at the NHL level sooner rather than later and they can't really afford to go outside the organization to get one due to budget constraints... and besides, the Blues scouts and management are already praising Shkotov's skills and skating as NHL level right now.

Have you ever even seen him play?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Captain Conservative said:
Have you ever even seen him play?

I have and he does some unreal things w/ the puck. Small kid, but man can he fly. And yes, he goes into the high traffic areas and takes the hit to make the play. His D has gotten better but noone will ever take him for a Conroy/Madden type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad