Speculation: Most likely to sign an offer sheet?

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Offer-sheets aren't really common anymore, but if someone is going to sign one this summer, I have a feeling that it could be Mike Hoffman.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I have a feeling they're more common then one would think... but that most players won't sign them when they're in the middle of negotiations with their team.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I have a feeling they're more common then one would think... but that most players won't sign them when they're in the middle of negotiations with their team.

I tend to agree. I don't think they are common, but I'd be surprised if there weren't a handful in the past few years.

There isn't an incentive for a player to sign an offer sheet that will be matched? Better to use it as leverage with your current team, whether to preserve a future NTC or simply for PR reasons.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I know this much:

If you sign a Tampa RFA, Yzerman's stare will cut you in half and he'll offer sheet every RFA from your team until the day he dies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I know this much:

If you sign a Tampa RFA, Yzerman's stare will cut you in half and he'll offer sheet every RFA from your team until the day he dies.

Tampa might be the perfect Target, they have 13M to sign Killhorn, Kucherov and Namestnikov. While I don't see them having issues with Kucherov(who will be the first priority), the other 2 might be ripe to give like deals that can really screw over Tampa

Kucherov if teams are smart.

The problem with Kucherov is you are either going to pay way to much that it comes to the point his contract is considered one of the worst in the league or Tampa will match

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
Tampa might be the perfect Target, they have 13M to sign Killhorn, Kucherov and Namestnikov. While I don't see them having issues with Kucherov(who will be the first priority), the other 2 might be ripe to give like deals that can really screw over Tampa

The problem with Kucherov is you are either going to pay way to much that it comes to the point his contract is considered one of the worst in the league or Tampa will match

Im with you, i think if theres an offer sheet coming, it will be toward tampa.

Horvath Broncos

Aug 21, 2013
I think someone should overpay like a million or million and half for what Kucherov is expected to sign. That million or million and half would not be so bad and would but Stevie Y in a very hard spot. So maybe like 7 million per year?

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I know this much:

I have hard time believing that a guy who just hard balled Stamkos because he doesn't believe players should paid that much. On a team opperating at the cap. Will have the ability or the desire to hand out offer sheets that teams wouldn't match.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
Tampa is definitely susceptible. I don't think they could match a ~$4m/year offer for Killorn. Considering the amount players of similar skill are getting, that might be a bargain.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I know this much:

So, Y will screw over his team until he dies for a personal vendetta?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->