Most Likely to Hit 2019 Interview Window - Panarin/Doughty/Karlsson

Most likely to make it to 2019 window?

• Total voters

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Talking about this in the Tavares thread - his courting has become an absolute hockey circus and I can't help but wonder if other impending free agents are licking their chops at what's happening.

Hold on out on a deal and in a year's time, these three players are elite enough to go through the same process and hold court as GMs and coaches beg to sign with their team. All the while raking in free publicity, making it easier to get endorsements wherever you end up signing.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Panarin IMO
I expect Karlsson to extend (or be traded) and Doughty shouldn't be a problem
Columbus might want to keep Panarin to "contend" this season but it sounds like he might want to leave

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Both Panarin and Karlsson (unless he really likes where he is traded too, if he is traded)

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Doughty most likely re-signs with LA. Comes down between Panarin and Karlsson, and as someone as mentioned already, Karlsson would probably get traded at the deadline or sometime during the season and re-signs with that team. Panarin seems like he wants to control his own destiny in where he goes. He also wants to get paid while he's at it.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Panarin IMO
I expect Karlsson to extend (or be traded) and Doughty shouldn't be a problem
Columbus might want to keep Panarin to "contend" this season but it sounds like he might want to leave

pretty much my thoughts as well

i'd be pretty surprised if Karlsson actually made it to that point,if he's not back with Ottawa he'll be traded to some team that will feel out an extension with him beforehand and be extended in short order

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I would think L.A will have Doughty locked into a lifer.
Went with Karlsson.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If all 3 are smart they all will. Depending on where EK goes resigning could be wise but DD should get the hell outta LA as that team is old, locked in and running out of run way. Panarin has pretty much came out and said he will be hitting UFA>

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I expect Karlsson to be traded, and Karlsson and Doughty are going to each get 8x$11.25-12.25M. Panarin might opt for fewer years, plus if he's really picky about his market maybe he'll take less money or wait for a team to clear payroll. Bigger range of outcomes for Panarin plus he already said he doesn't want to negotiate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad