Most likely to get Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think the bottom of the standings will look something like this (from worst to least worst):

1. Washington
2. Carolina
3. Rangers
4. Anaheim
5. Pittsburgh

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Imagine if the Rangers got #1 and didn't take Crosby... Took Brule instead.

If you were the Rangers w/ the #1 overall pick and the Caps offered Ovechkin and the #2 overall pick... would YOU do it? I would.

EDIT: Though I am aware it would never happen.

Last edited:

CaptainBure

Sep 3, 2004
I dont think so bro,the caps would never trade Ovechkin and Bruel for Crosby,never,although as a Rangers fan, I woudln't mind seeing it haha.

TVanek26*

Rancid said:
Imagine if the Rangers got #1 and didn't take Crosby... Took Brule instead.

If you were the Rangers w/ the #1 overall pick and the Caps offered Ovechkin and the #2 overall pick... would YOU do it? I would.

Gee,Crosby or Ovechkin and Brule....tough decision :bonk:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Sadly the Washington Capitals will probably get him.

I don't say sadly because they have Ovechkin already, but because the team is pathetic. While other bottom feeders have acquired players to give the fans an entertaining product, the Caps have done nothing at all.

I predict the Capitals allow the most goals against since a long time. I'm talking 350+ goals

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Moskau said:
Sadly the Washington Capitals will probably get him.

I don't say sadly because they have Ovechkin already, but because the team is pathetic. While other bottom feeders have acquired players to give the fans an entertaining product, the Caps have done nothing at all.

I predict the Capitals allow the most goals against since a long time. I'm talking 350+ goals

It's logical to not sign a lot of players, when there is no structured, or even potential structure for a CBA out there now. While it is nice to add a lot of the 3rd liners, and 4-6 d-men that some teams are adding (which are probably the most common players changing teams) the Caps are waiting till the CBA is at least structured and put out there.

If that means passing on the current 'crop' of FA's, then so be it. There will probably be a larger pool once a Bargaining Agreement is settled upon. At that point in time, the Caps will be a player in the 2nd tier level of FA's. Prior to that, McPhee and Leonsis have stated they won't go after more expensive players.

Call it cheap, call it whatever you want, but at least in a business and potential economic perspective, paying a 3rd liner a couple of million doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'd take a year of being at the bottom of the league in trade for finnancial freedom. Losing the Albatross that was Jagr's contract has pointed that out quite clearly. And the Caps also have to give a year or two to identify which of their prospects are going to be productive members of a eventually contending team.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i definatly think people are giving the rangers a little too much credit...they couldn't finish higher than 12th or whatever with a team of allstars...and now they're gonna hit the same spot with a team mostly made up of rookies?

jagr and holik and nylander will help keep them from being blown out every night...they'll help them be competative..but you've still got a ton of rookies in the lineup and a defense that is gonna be not only composed of several rookies (possibly up to 3 rookies) but also on the light side in terms of physical defensemen. and weekes and dunham aren't gonna carry this team to the playoffs or anything like that either

rangers will be bottom 5 unless a miracle happens and all these rookies have phenominal seasons

as for washington...ugh, they just piss me off so much and i'll be furious if they get crosby to go with ovechkin. this was a team that was just as pathetic as the rangers...huge payroll, gave jagr his gigantic contract, then sucked it up despite having the leading scorer on defense and the leading scorer on offense for the most part of the year, AND jagr who was scoring around a point per game. huge payroll, hugely underachieving, then they sell it all off and get rewarded for it by getting the top draft pick.

maybe it doesn't make sense but i just don't think they deserve it.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Levitate said:
i definatly think people are giving the rangers a little too much credit...they couldn't finish higher than 12th or whatever with a team of allstars...and now they're gonna hit the same spot with a team mostly made up of rookies?

jagr and holik and nylander will help keep them from being blown out every night...they'll help them be competative..but you've still got a ton of rookies in the lineup and a defense that is gonna be not only composed of several rookies (possibly up to 3 rookies) but also on the light side in terms of physical defensemen. and weekes and dunham aren't gonna carry this team to the playoffs or anything like that either

rangers will be bottom 5 unless a miracle happens and all these rookies have phenominal seasons

as for washington...ugh, they just piss me off so much and i'll be furious if they get crosby to go with ovechkin. this was a team that was just as pathetic as the rangers...huge payroll, gave jagr his gigantic contract, then sucked it up despite having the leading scorer on defense and the leading scorer on offense for the most part of the year, AND jagr who was scoring around a point per game. huge payroll, hugely underachieving, then they sell it all off and get rewarded for it by getting the top draft pick.

maybe it doesn't make sense but i just don't think they deserve it.

I mean no offense, but to say Washington=New York is unfounded and ignorant IMO.

For years they were known as an underrated hardworking team who couldn't make the next step. They TRADE for Jagr, and sign him.

Bondra, Gonchar, Kolzig, Klee, Konowalchuck were all drafted and Grier/Nylander were acquired via trade.

The only UFA McPhee signed was Robert Lang and he only contended for the Art Ross 3/4 of his 2nd year before going down to injury.

I won't imagine the Caps with Crosby for fear of jinxing the process, but a top 3 pick would make Washington sick for years. Crosby, Brule, Latendresse, +Ovechkin,Semin,Fehr,etc. Someone pinch me.

degroat*

You know what's hillarious about this thread? The fact that the Blues aren't listed at all. Look at any of the number of threads where people are predicting the standings for the upcoming season and it's not uncommon for the Blues to be in the bottom 3 of the Western Conference.

So, that begs the question (specifically to those that picked the Blues so low): If the Blues are one of the worst teams in the Western Conference then why don't they have a shot at Crosby?

Is it maybe because the reason why you think they're one of the worst teams in the WC is because you have something against them and that same agenda prevents you from saying that they also have a shot at Crosby?

CaptainBure

Sep 3, 2004
anyone else think the nhl will rig the lottery to make sure crosby goes to a big market like ny? just a conspiracy theory haha.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
My gut feeling says Crosby will be a New York Ranger. If there's actually a season does anyone think some teams might purposely tank in order to get a better shot at Crosby? In other words, get rid of their veterans at any cost.

Stich: Being last in the division may not necessarily mean last in the league. I guess they think the Blues will be bad but not bad enough to be eligible for the lottery (the worst 6 or 7 teams i think). I think the Blues will be 2nd or 3rd in the division.

X0ssbar

I honestly think that if the CBJ landed the #1 overall pick this year - they would seriously consider a trade. We are pretty close to being competitive and if we could land something close to a Lindros type deal and fill multiple holes with prime talent, I think Maclean might pull the trigger. Food for thought anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad