Most likely to get 1st overall in next NHL draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

X0ssbar

theBob said:
I gotta agree that it would be sweet for there to be a Crosby Stills and Nash line!

But, homerism aside, I think it would benefit the NHL the most for him to go to the Hawks.

The only Original 6 franchise that has been a complete joke for almost a decade! They are the 3rd largest city in North America (excluding Mexico City) and have the most pathetic and dwindling fan base. The owner of the Hawks, Bill Wirtz, has been spitting in the face of fans for over 4 decades.

In the 41 years that the draft has been around, Chicago has never had a 1st overall pick. Teams like Atlanta, Columbus, and Florida have had 1st overall picks in their almost non existant historys. Teams like Washington and Pittsburgh have not suffered the way Chicago has and have also had recent 1st overall picks to add to their elite stables of prospects and their potential fan bases couldnt touch Chicago's potential fan base.

I have to say its about ****ing time something good comes our way!!

Big picture - Crosby would certainly have a bigger impact on the overall health of the league if he landed in a Chicago/Rangers/LA size market - that I would definitely conceed and won't let my homerism cloud that fact.

With that said, he sure would look good in a CBJ sweater. However, if I were Doug MacLean and the hockey gods gave us the #1 overall pick for the next draft (whenever that may be) I would seriously consider unloading that pick to said teams. The CBJs have a lot of holes to fills and a blockbuster trade like that could plug a lot of leaks in our lineup and set the table for a long term run at the cup.

So coming back down to earth for a sec, if/when we lose out on the Crosbystakes, I'd be more than happy to settle with the consilation prize of one of Brule/Johnson :)

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Top Shelf said:
Big picture - Crosby would certainly have a bigger impact on the overall health of the league if he landed in a Chicago/Rangers/LA size market - that I would definitely conceed and won't let my homerism cloud that fact.

With that said, he sure would look good in a CBJ sweater. However, if I were Doug MacLean and the hockey gods gave us the #1 overall pick for the next draft (whenever that may be) I would seriously consider unloading that pick to said teams. The CBJs have a lot of holes to fills and a blockbuster trade like that could plug a lot of leaks in our lineup and set the table for a long term run at the cup.

So coming back down to earth for a sec, if/when we lose out on the Crosbystakes, I'd be more than happy to settle with the consilation prize of one of Brule/Johnson :)

I think Johnson would be a HUGE addition for CBJ. He would give them a truly elite d-man.

Being a homer I hope Crosby finds his way to NYR... though I don't see it happening unless there is some kind of season where the Rangers can play themselves into a lottery spot. Crosby in NY could revitalize hockey in a once flourishing market. It would also give the Rangers an alite prospect to aid the rebuilding process.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
Seven_Nation_Army said:
I heard that the NHL is going to do an even draw of teams that missed the playoffs...not a weighted lottery

I have heard the same, they could draw names, or even make the players unrestricted free agents, which means the leafs will be the front runner, Crosby #87 Wearing a TML jersey, that would be sweeeet.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
tuckerdomi said:
I have heard the same, they could draw names, or even make the players unrestricted free agents, which means the leafs will be the front runner, Crosby #87 Wearing a TML jersey, that would be sweeeet.

Nice to dream I suppose . . . but the very last of possible scenerios would be one that gives Toronto Crosby . . . yeah, that would address competitive balance issues that the league has brought up as a future concern and a partial reason for the strike. I just never ever see it happening.

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
Jaded-Fan said:
Nice to dream I suppose . . . but the very last of possible scenerios would be one that gives Toronto Crosby . . . yeah, that would address competitive balance issues that the league has brought up as a future concern and a partial reason for the strike. I just never ever see it happening.

Lockout... sorry couldn't resist

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Barnaby said:
I think Johnson would be a HUGE addition for CBJ. He would give them a truly elite d-man.

Being a homer I hope Crosby finds his way to NYR... though I don't see it happening unless there is some kind of season where the Rangers can play themselves into a lottery spot. Crosby in NY could revitalize hockey in a once flourishing market. It would also give the Rangers an alite prospect to aid the rebuilding process.

Rostislav Klesla will be a elite d-men for the Jackets

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Jaded-Fan said:

Crosby in Toronto would be nice, Chicago should get him...They honestly have had some jackass for a owner. I'm sure that with Crosby they may start winning again.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
We should let sidney decide.. let him go to his favorite team... who knows.. maybe that would be the only chance the habs could get Crosby... ;)

I got the right to dream.. I really wonder how the nhl will do with the draft.. they should make a random draft and modify the percentages a little bit.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Crosby is a Free Agent next season!!

There have already been rumors last season that crosby was headed to a swiss team. however it never happend. maybe 2005.

It would be nice if he plays next season for my home club zsc lions. They are building a new stadium for over 130 millions.

the lockout continues til 2006 and the team owners will base a new national hockey league. THE NHL HASN`T A FUTURE.

also i think that in the next years the top europe players will stay in europe instead go to north america. especially the russia teams r willing to spend a lot of money in players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad