Most likely scenario to happen between Crosby, Ovechkin, and Kane?

Most likely scenario?

• Total voters

slapKing

Feb 12, 2020
Canada
Based on last season:

Crosby 38 assists in 55 games (56 assist pace per 82 games)

Ovechkin 24 goals in 45 games (43 goal pace per 82 games)

Kane 66 points in 56 games (96 point pace per 82 games)

Which of the three players is most likely to hit their respective scenario?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
OV for sure. 3 full seasons before covid he hit 49, 51 and 48 (in 68 GP). Last season he was on pace for 44 goals. Cosby 2nd. Kane 3rd. But I expect all 3 to reach these #s.

Reactions: slapKing

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
They're all fairly realistic. Ovechkin probably the best shot since he's usually healthy and he's been good for it for years before last season. Crosby and Kane is probably a pick-em, though I'd lean Kane since he's younger and was looking closer to his offensive best in recent years.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ovi has the most consistent output. Crosby and Kane’s assist and point production fluctuates more from year to year.
Maybe this is just a biased impression, feel free to correct me if the stats say otherwise.

Reactions: COHawk and slapKing

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Kane 95 points - I think out of all 3 totals, that's the most lofty one. There are times where 45 goals is better than 95 points, and there are times when 60 assists is better than 95 points, but in a vacuum 95 points sounds like the highest threshold. Kane has done good offensively lately - but I'd say it's very reasonable to expect he dips under that.

Crosby 60 assists. Two issues with Crosby. He's actually been remarkable consistent point producer, one of the most consistent ever. But his goals to assist ratio tends to fluctuate. There are years he scores enough goals to win rocket or close, and years where it's assist heavy. Plus - he's had the worst injury luck of the 3, which is also hard to predict. So for raw assist total, there's some risk.

Ovi is the oldest of the 3. Also - last season was the clear worst of the 3 (injury a big part of it, but probably even without he'd be last). So - it's a high bar to expect him to come back and score 45 goals given age + down year. I know he's been ridiculously consistent as a goal-scorer, but 45 goals is still a high bar taking all of this into account.

This is a good poll.

In the end - I went Ovechkin. If you had said 85, or maybe even 90 points for Kane - or same for Crosby - i'd be tempted to vote them ahead. But as it is, I prefer Ovi's odds at those numbers.

Prediction - they all 3 hit those targets

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
They're all fairly realistic. Ovechkin probably the best shot since he's usually healthy and he's been good for it for years before last season. Crosby and Kane is probably a pick-em, though I'd lean Kane since he's younger and was looking closer to his offensive best in recent years.

Kane is the youngest and most likely to hit his target.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Went Kane. He showed last season he's no where near ready to slow down. And now the team is better so hopefully he can sustain his level of play over the entire season.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
45 goals at Ovechkin's age has only been done 1 time in NHL history! 60 assists at Crosby's age and 95 points at Kane's age is much more doable! If all three have a healthy season I could see all of them hitting those marks. But most likely is probably Kane breaking 95 points with Ovechkin just below 45 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad