Most improved team in 2021-22?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I can't say at this point.

The amount of disgruntled players or teams disgruntled at players is at a level I've never seen before. On paper it's looking like it's going to be a busy off-season with trades. On top of all that we haven't really heard much about teams spending for next year, which if teams start cutting salary it could lead to even more potential deals.

Until things start to shake out I have no idea.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Agree with Rangers stars phili. Will say maybe jersey too. Someone in the pacific will be alot better... it will be tough for the sens to take a huge step without Sanderson joining the team and going into a very hard division.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Yes and only a fool would believe given the expansion draft options open to Seattle that Buffalo would have any shot at being better than the new Kraken.

I think its about buffalo having problems more than Kraken getting every thing on gold platter, since there are teams like Minnesota that were expected to be similar or worse than Sabres, but are still doing fine.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I think it's quite possible a full year of Sutter with the Flames in the weakest division in the NHL surprises some people

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The Sens, Rangers, and Philly are the teams I see having good seasons and being playoff/bubble teams that just miss.

The Sens are going to be a good team in the next few years if they can keep all those good pieces they have.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Devils will be a powerhouse. Ruff is a beauty. Also add in Kevin Bahl and posibibly Dawson Mercer and another year for Hughes, Hischier, and Ty Smith as well as Blackwood.
I see what you did. Lol. I still take the rangers youth over the devils. Very Easily.

Reactions: Lays

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I see what you did. Lol. I still take the rangers youth over the devils. Very Easily.
Maybe if they got Eichel. :sarcasm:

If Strome is your #1 center then you got problems. Chytil has #2 center upside and Zibs has one year till a new contract

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Detroit. Seider, berggen, veleno, possibly raymond. Healthy Bertuzzi and Fabbri and see what Vrana does in a full year plus 50 mil in cap space.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Detroit can't really get worse, so they'll improve.
Ottawa looked genuinely mean in the last half of this year, they are a playoff team next year.
Rangers have a super talented roster that's still developing and just got a great coach, they're also a playoff team next year.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Devils will be a powerhouse. Ruff is a beauty. Also add in Kevin Bahl and posibibly Dawson Mercer and another year for Hughes, Hischier, and Ty Smith as well as Blackwood.
Doubt they’re going anywhere in that division.

Reactions: CasusBelli

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Bahl just doesn't sit right with me. He'll become a whipping boy for NJ pretty quickly.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Ottawa is going to shock people. Don't be surprised if they make the playoffs as a WC team - or even knock off Toronto/Boston for the #3 spot in the division

Reactions: Lays

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Bahl just doesn't sit right with me. He'll become a whipping boy for NJ pretty quickly.
For the couple games he got to play at the end of the season he looked like a mid pairing stay at home defensemen you put with your playmaking Defenseman (Ty Smith). He knows what he is and is able to push people off the puck and is able to clear the front of the net. The Long reach he has and ability to do a good outlet pass is an added benefit too.

When Bahl is done developing I'm hoping for a Methot/Karlsson type pairing with Smith

(not saying that Smith = Karlsson)

Reactions: LeProspector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad