Most Impressive 2005 Born Players

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

One of the many annual traditions I have on my blog is to rank the new batch of OHL rookies in order of the impression they left on me. Only the "true" OHL rookies have been included, thus why it's labeled the "Most Impressive 2005 born players."

I always like to note that this isn't an early ranking for the 2023 NHL Entry Draft. This ranking isn't the order in which I believe these players should be ranked for the draft, but an order of which players impressed me most. It's not a draft prognostication, it's an acknowledgment of the significant impact these players have had on their teams this season.
As mentioned, this is a tradition, so here are the previous year's lists.
2003's, 2002's, 2001's, 2000's, 1999's, 1998's. 1997's. 1996's. 1995's. 1994's. 1993's. 1992's.

Here is this year's list (see the link for all write ups and HM's):

1. Cam Allen
2. Calum Ritchie
3. Colby Barlow
4. Quentin Musty
5. Ethan Miedema
6. Luke Misa
7. Nick Lardis
8. Matthew Soto
9. Alexis Daviault
10. Carson Rehkopf

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

One of the many annual traditions I have on my blog is to rank the new batch of OHL rookies in order of the impression they left on me. Only the "true" OHL rookies have been included, thus why it's labeled the "Most Impressive 2005 born players."

I always like to note that this isn't an early ranking for the 2023 NHL Entry Draft. This ranking isn't the order in which I believe these players should be ranked for the draft, but an order of which players impressed me most. It's not a draft prognostication, it's an acknowledgment of the significant impact these players have had on their teams this season.
2003's, 2002's, 2001's, 2000's, 1999's, 1998's. 1997's. 1996's. 1995's. 1994's. 1993's. 1992's.

1. Cam Allen
2. Calum Ritchie
3. Colby Barlow
4. Quentin Musty
5. Ethan Miedema
6. Luke Misa
7. Nick Lardis
8. Matthew Soto
9. Alexis Daviault
10. Carson Rehkopf
Ethan Hay.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Fun read Brock as always. Are you going to do a list for the 2004 born even though it was their first year in the league?

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Good piece as always Brock. One player that I was interested in for the second half was Easton Wainwright. What your thoughts on him this season with the Sting?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Good piece as always Brock. One player that I was interested in for the second half was Easton Wainwright. What your thoughts on him this season with the Sting?

He's certainly not a big guy, but his first step quickness is the thing that immediately jumps out at you. Small sample size kept him off a list like this for me, but he definitely caught my eye with his seamless transition. Hockey sense and skating ability can make you a strong supporting offensive player in this league. Next year it will be interesting to see if he can bulk up a bit to be more of a play driver on his own.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
He's certainly not a big guy, but his first step quickness is the thing that immediately jumps out at you. Small sample size kept him off a list like this for me, but he definitely caught my eye with his seamless transition. Hockey sense and skating ability can make you a strong supporting offensive player in this league. Next year it will be interesting to see if he can bulk up a bit to be more of a play driver on his own.
Thanks for the response Brock. Will be interesting to watch him next year for sure.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Thought on Luke McNamara?

I'm not Brock, so feel free to ignore me, but McNamara is due for a break out next season. He definitely had some growing pains, but over the last 15 games he had 13 points. Plus he's going to have good wingers to work with. He'll have someone like Dean Loukas (50 pt, 20 goal man) or possibly Misa (which I think would be ideal). Saginaw is bringing alot of fire power back to go along with the year of experience the first year players got. And they'll have a full line up instead of basically running 3 lines for 75% of the year. He's going to have all the opportunity in the world to put up numbers next season. He'll just have to take it.

E27914

Sep 9, 2021

1. Cam Allen
2. Calum Ritchie
3. Colby Barlow
4. Quentin Musty
5. Ethan Miedema
6. Luke Misa
7. Nick Lardis
8. Matthew Soto
9. Alexis Daviault
10. Carson Rehkopf
Watch the Flint Firebirds vs
Windsor Spitfires playoff series. Ethan Hay will impress you. Strong kid for a 2005, shut down Wyatt Johnson from scoring the entire series. Strong PK, Strong in the Faceoffs. I wouldn't be surprised to see this kid ranked high on the prospect's list

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad