Most Hated Players in NHL

Derick*

I was going to make a most hated player in NHL poll but realized I couldn't make an exhaustive enough list so, tell me who you think it is/might be and I'll make the poll options based on the results. If you hate someone a lot, even if they've been mentioned or don't hate them the most, still mention them, as I don't like polls with a billion options and may skip players that only get one or two mentions.

Here's what I have off of the top of my head:
Avery
Carcillo
Cooke
Bertuzzi
Heatley
Kane
Crosby
Ovechkin
Luongo
Green
Thornton

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Cooke is easily the most hated. Might as well put up "Toronto Maple Leafs" while your at it.

Last edited:

waingr0

May 14, 2010
I was going to make a most hated player in NHL poll but realized I couldn't make an exhaustive enough list so, tell me who you think it is/might be and I'll make the poll options based on the results. If you hate someone a lot, even if they've been mentioned or don't hate them the most, still mention them, as I don't like polls with a billion options and may skip players that only get one or two mentions.

Avery
Carcillo
Cooke
Bertuzzi
Heatley
Kane
Crosby
Ovechkin
Luongo
Green
Thornton

Just because I'm too lazy to think of other players I'll categorize the ones you've mentioned:

Love:
Kane
Crosby
Ovechkin
Thornton

Hate:
Avery
Carcillo

Don't care about the others :groucho:

Derick*

So you love the three players with an MVP and the one with a cup winning goal? :sarcasm:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
So you love the three players with an MVP and the one with a cup winning goal? :sarcasm:

they led his favourite team the Chicago Blackpenguins to cups and his second favourite team the Washington Capitalsharks to regular season dominance! :sarcasm:

personally the only player on that list that I really "hate" is Cooke

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Is this only active players? If so, why is it in the history section?

All time should probably include guys like Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi, and Bryan Marchment.

Derick*

Is this only active players? If so, why is it in the history section?

All time should probably include guys like Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi, and Bryan Marchment.

Made it here by mistake. Mod, please move to main board?

Rhiessan71

Just a Fool
Feb 17, 2003
Guelph, Ont
Visit site
If we're talking about players hating players, sometimes I wonder if Rick DiPietro shouldn't be included.

Is it just me or does it seem that everyone who plays against him wants to kill him?

BamBamCam*

If this is all time then my vote goes to that d bag Ulf Samuelson.

If it is the here and now, then I vote Avery and it's not close.

BamBamCam*

Avery
Carcillo
Cooke
Bertuzzi
Heatley
Kane
Crosby
Ovechkin
Luongo
Green
Thornton

What a strange list towards the bottom. Kane Crosby Ovie Luongo Green and Thornton???? HUH? What the heck did those guys do to be so hated?? Can you explain?

TheFlyingV

Anatidaephobia
Apr 5, 2009
Yorba Linda, CA
What a strange list towards the bottom. Kane Crosby Ovie Luongo Green and Thornton???? HUH? What the heck did those guys do to be so hated?? Can you explain?

Kane-Mouthgard chewing, taxi incident.
Crosby-Ask Philly/Caps fans
Ovechkin-Ask Pens fans
Green-Look at the pictures of him on his website.

BamBamCam*

Kane-Mouthgard chewing, taxi incident.
Crosby-Ask Philly/Caps fans
Ovechkin-Ask Pens fans
Green-Look at the pictures of him on his website.

So, because they are hated in the others respective cities, that means they are hated across the board?

Seriously, the cab incident? I don't think many people care or even remember that dumb incident nevermind hate him for it. Besides in a most hated thread I was think Evander Kane not Patrick because Evander beats the snot out of people.

And I won't even take the Green comment seriously as that's not a good reason.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
So, because they are hated in the others respective cities, that means they are hated across the board?

Seriously, the cab incident? I don't think many people care or even remember that dumb incident nevermind hate him for it. Besides in a most hated thread I was think Evander Kane not Patrick because Evander beats the snot out of people.

And I won't even take the Green comment seriously as that's not a good reason.

Err, yeah, it is:

greenlife52_medium.jpg

:help::shakehead:rant::cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad