Most Expensive Bottom 6 Players (Nylander)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
They still can..

No, they are barred from trades for the next 6 years. Did you see that hug Dubas gave Willy?!??!?!

Also, Kessel "regularly" played on the 3rd line in Pitt. Just like he regularly played on other lines.... just like Willy will reg play on Matthews line as well.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Probably but what does that have to do w. Anything ?

Thats like me saying Hainsey wouldnt be a top pairing Dman in Vancouver

Of course he wouldn't. Using lines to establish who a player is can be very difficult. Especially as teams vary in talent.

If what you are trying to say is that the Leafs have the most expensive winger (again practice only so far) on the 3rd line, wouldn't it be more impressive to say most expensive 3rd line as Kadri is not exactly a cheap 3rd liner. With Nylander on the you are looking at almost $12 million combined for that line. Has to be more than most teams in the league.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
What arguement ?

Im just trying to populate a list of most expensive players playing on 3rd and 4th line.

Are you familiar with the concept that lines are not static? And that they change? Often, even within the same game!

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Now even the main board is talking up-to-the-second updates about the Leafs practice lines?

What would this place even talk about if it werent for the Leafs? :laugh:

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Leafs now have Nylander at 6.9 playing the 3rd line.

https://www.tsn.ca/nylander-skates-on-leafs-third-line-at-practice-1.1222521

Who are some of the most expensive 3rd and 4th liners on your team.

source.gif

Reactions: Bonzo111

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Here are the Flyers' current lines under Brilliant Smart Man Coach Dirk Hamsteak:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Weise (???)-Patrick-Voracek
JVR-Laughton/Weal-Simmonds
Lindblom-Lehtera-Raffl

Now, that may seem absolutely insane misuse of resources to you, and it is. Because that right there, as it stands, is $11 million worth of "3rd line" wingers wrapped around an AHL center, sitting atop an $8.5 million 4th line that includes an ELC.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
WOW! I actually thought we would get this thread sooner lol

This is embarrassing, and shows a lack of hockey knowledge if a poster thinks he is a 3rd liner. He missed pretty much 30 games, and a whole preseason, he requires time to get up to speed.

Such a useless thread.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Exactly ! Especially when Hainsey is on top pair

You think Hainsey will be here next year?

Did the team stop drafting? developing? scouting?

Everyone is free to share opinions, but many share them, but have zero idea about the ins and outs of our prospect progress, scouts, and structure.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
How are the ducks deploying Kesler these days ?

If its 3rd line then he should make the list as well

DobHoc

Oct 29, 2011
Guy who made this thread is a first year hockey fan....congrats on finding hockey...it´s a great sport.

I´m not a Toronto fan...but if you think Nylander is a third line player...you should probobly watch another sport.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Guy who made this thread is a first year hockey fan....congrats on finding hockey...it´s a great sport.

I´m not a Toronto fan...but if you think Nylander is a third line player...you should probobly watch another sport.

Nah never said i think he is a 3rd line player... all i said is that TSN is reporting he will be playing on 3rd line. No need to panic

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
He played on the third line in his first game back.... plan is to have him with Matthews on the first line. Also Babcocks system doesn’t really have a traditional 1st-4th line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad