Most embarrassing or sad wrestling moments

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Tragic..

Brock Lesnar, not Triple H, SCSA, or Rock, being the one to end the Undertaker's WM streak.
Fitting, not tragic. Brock ending it was as big an F.U. as that stupid gimmick getting over huge at the beginning. Symmetry! I gotta hand it to Vince for that.
Totally avoidable too.

What was the audience supposed to get out of a guy coming down in a goofy costume. Where's the payoff?
Making Vince happy. That's 75% of the history of pro wrestling over the last 40 years.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Behold!

Exhibit A and B of why I say that the WWE product was dead by 2005. Horrible, tasteless junk and throw the whole "Dominic!! I'm your Papi!!" angle because McMahon for whatever sick f***ing reason is obsessed with paternity angles.

Edit: If youtube derps on you for video one, it's the Tim White attempting to kill himself skits.

Reactions: Kaner9

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country

To this day probably the worst segment I have ever seen

Honorable mention to JR's "heel turn" after he came back from his Bell's Palsy attack that had him shelved for early 1999 God that shit was absolutely horrible

Worse than the one where HHH and Shawn Michaels crawl under the ring to meet the midgets in their world?

And then have to go to little people court?

Reactions: Sega Dreamcast

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
This doesn't get enough attention. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought in this cancel culture world. I've been offended by this for years.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
This doesn't get enough attention. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought in this cancel culture world. I've been offended by this for years.

Oh come on. DX was always pushing that shiz.

They dressed in full blackface impersonating the nation of Domination back then.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Thank God for small mercies that I was spared that one and am gonna take your word for it that it's as bad as it looks
It is. its one of the worst things I ever saw.

After the crawl under the ring, they get a "its pitch black in here, find a light switch", and they crack open DX glowsticks and HH and Shawn Micheals pitch an "Available at WWE.com".

Its followed by a Segment(Also in this video) where Jericho dressed as Santa claus comes to the ring and big show comes to the ring and santa sits on HIS knee and Show begs santa to let his buddy chris jericho come back to raw, at which point all the midgets come pull of Jericho's beard and attack. Big show actually sidewalk slams one and ends up hospitalizing him for real.

Apparently before this segment, Vince Mcmahon was out back saying "Ugh, my father is going to be turning in his grave over this" and jericho said "yeah who can blame him. besides its your fault. you booked this shit". The routine went even worse than imagined, and when jericho came out back, Vince said "My dad is doing a full gymnastics routine in his grave now...."

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Please explain to me what this has to do with politics.

I'll say it again - you're not Indian. Stop pretending you have a say in this.

And not once did I say HHH should be cancelled. Stop making things up.
You are making it racial, and trying to say "only my race has a say in this". Which is unfortunately inherently tied with modern polarized politics.

I can give my opinion about anything I want bub, with no restrictions. Stop making it racial and saying I don't get an opinion just because I am indigenous Canadian/Asian and not Punjabi.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Anyways. For "embarassing" moments.

This is probably up there with most embarrassing all time.

They were live. With no retakes. I near shat myself when I could hear Davey boy in the back saying "he fooking fell on his arse" and Sid going "oooooh god"

When he thinks sid talking is his voice over guy and starts motioning with his hands is gold. But hearing the voice over guy laughing as he starts the live voiceover is hilarity

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Since I have seen a debate of racism in this thread, it reminded me of the time Booker T called Hulk Hogan the N-word.

It probably belongs in the "embarrassing" category.

Just look at the reaction of Sensational Sherri.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Since I have seen a debate of racism in this thread, it reminded me of the time Booker T called Hulk Hogan the N-word.

It probably belongs in the "embarrassing" category.

Just look at the reaction of Sensational Sherri.

Yeah that was funny lol.

Harlem heat had a knack for putting their foot in their mouth live. The shockmaster clip i posted above, you can hear Stevie ray in the background saying "who dis mothaFu....."

I do believe booker T once had a very poor choice in words while announcing too. They were comparing a young up and Comer to Owen Hart, and booker T was trying to put the guy over, saying "he's better than Owen Hart. Owen Hart couldn't defy gravity"

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Totally avoidable too.

What was the audience supposed to get out of a guy coming down in a goofy costume. Where's the payoff?

Guess they were somewhat trying to recreate when HBK ziplined to the Ring a few years previously?

This was a bad one, I am shocked the cancel culture crowd hasnt come for Angles head

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Guess they were somewhat trying to recreate when HBK ziplined to the Ring a few years previously?

This was a bad one, I am shocked the cancel culture crowd hasnt come for Angles head

I'm pleased that, for the most part, people accept that things done by a wrestling heel are the actions of a villainous character. Now there are greasy instances of wrestlers doing things as a face that leave a bad taste in your mouth, though in those cases I lean toward being displeased with the company rather than the wrestler.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm pleased that, for the most part, people accept that things done by a wrestling heel are the actions of a villainous character. Now there are greasy instances of wrestlers doing things as a face that leave a bad taste in your mouth, though in those cases I lean toward being displeased with the company rather than the wrestler.

I agree. Its just like when an actor says or does certain things in a production - its part of their role.

Reactions: Habsrule

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Love how so many of my posts here got deleted. I was just calling out racism. Not allowed I guess. Just sweep it under the rug.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ

I saw that one live and gotta say I had to laugh. My cousin was there and SHE could not believe they aired that on tv lol. Something about how angle said it was so funny to me black or not. Methinks Wwe does not run that little promo today tho :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->