Most disgusting team?

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
I think I'll find it entertaining. There are some teams whose physical style turned off many fans. Here are my personal picks:

1. Philadelphia Flyers (1972-1978)
2. Vityaz Chekhov (2009-present)

If you have any other teams to suggest, or even sets of editions of the Flyers or of Vityaz to suggest, please choose other in the poll.

Analyzer*

Those teams are fun to watch when they're not beating the **** out of your team.

Dogbert*

I would take a team like that any day over a team of wimps who rely on diving and faking hurt to draw power plays.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Disgusting to me are games full of cheap-shotting ******* who don't back up their actions.

Brawls and teams sending messages, even if it's just because they can, is a part of the game that I don't consider disgusting at all.

NewEnglandSportsFan*

Flyers of today? Those other Flyers were a joy to watch.

Avery4Byng*

I would take a team like that any day over a team of wimps who rely on diving and faking hurt to draw power plays.

Well said. Hockey is getting less and less like real hockey every year.

BlackAces*

Too bad the current day Flyers aren't more like that era of Flyers, eh?

jb**

when is saw disgusting i thought you meant disgusting as in looks. Pens clearly have the ugliest lineup. Crosby, malkin, staal, orpik, kennedy. Those are some very ugly and goofy looking people.

CanadienErrant*

when is saw disgusting i thought you meant disgusting as in looks. Pens clearly have the ugliest lineup. Crosby, malkin, staal, orpik, kennedy. Those are some very ugly and goofy looking people.

Wow... Is it hockey or fashion ?

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
The Flyers weren't disgusting. I'm more envious of them than anything else really, must have been a great time to be a Flyers fan.

hockeydog

Oct 19, 2007
He's just comfortable with his sexuality.

Don't forget Cooke, Michalek, MAF, and Martin too. :laugh:

Whoa, whoa, a fan of a team with players like Briere, Carcillo, Hartnell, Shelley, Laperriere (as much as i love him), Pronger etc shouldn't laugh at other teams in a beauty contest... :sarcasm:

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
The Flyers of today certainly play some of the dirtier hockey, with Powe, Hartnell, Shelley, Carcillo and, to some extent, Pronger.

That being said, much of the Flyers' team lore is based on the physical brand of hockey they play or played.

RickNar

Oct 13, 2010
something tells me mathradio has a dog in this fight...

im just going to ignore the way the word disgusting is thrown around these days.

member 30781

The Flyers of today certainly play some of the dirtier hockey, with Powe, Hartnell, Shelley, Carcillo and, to some extent, Pronger.

That being said, much of the Flyers' team lore is based on the physical brand of hockey they play or played.

Name the last time Pronger has done something vicious as a Flyer?

Guarantee you can't recall anything.

And stealing a puck after a game is not considered vicious BTW :sarcasm:

swede84

Mar 21, 2010
the sin bin

If you're talking ugly and the Pens, how can you leave out Dupuis????

Flyers hands down IMO

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I think I'll find it entertaining. There are some teams whose physical style turned off many fans. Here are my personal picks:

1. Philadelphia Flyers (1972-1978)
2. Vityaz Chekhov (2009-present)

If you have any other teams to suggest, or even sets of editions of the Flyers or of Vityaz to suggest, please choose other in the poll.

Disgusting? :fight: There were allot of socalled disgusting players back then. Did you watch then or are you just watching the highlights of the Flyers beating your favorite teams.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Whoa, whoa, a fan of a team with players like Briere, Carcillo, Hartnell, Shelley, Laperriere (as much as i love him), Pronger etc shouldn't laugh at other teams in a beauty contest... :sarcasm:
Yea you could drive a Mack truck between Pronger's front gap teeth.:laugh:

Rancourt Fist Pump

Goulet-lite
Jul 30, 2010
Immediately after the lockout, Lindy Ruff iced some teams that were just a bunch of diving *****.

What made it even worse was having to listen to Ruff accuse other teams of doing what his team was doing in the 2006 playoffs; I guess it was some kind of reverse psychology tactic he was trying to implement on the refs or something to take the spotlight off his own team and their shenanigans???

Whatever his motivation, it was absolutely infuriating having to listen to somebody so blatantly full of **** game after game, I hate that whiney *****.

It's not so much the case nowadays with that team, but Patrick Kaleta definitely comes from the Lindy Ruff school of how to play hockey like a sneaky ******.

I suppose you have to teach your teams to play like that when you can't hold onto your best players year after year. In that regard you sort of have to admire what Ruff's been able to do there, but I'm a B's fan so admiration and Ruff will never again collide in the same sentence in 1 of my posts.

97FlyersKing18

Jul 23, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
To be fair, the Flyers have had some bad events in the past few years, but this crop of Flyers, as seen by their 71 Points in 50 Games can really play.

In all honesty, Crosby has had more "disgusting" antics in the last 3 years than the Flyers have with his "fighting", diving, and whining. Although he has gotten better, he is still no angel.

What about Cooke? His play seems pretty "disgusting" if you ask every single NHL player and executive in the league. Malkin has had some cheap plays with his slew foots and elbows to the head in the past 2 years.

The face of the league is a "disgusting" player? The NHL needs to find a new "golden boy"? Stamkos...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->