Most Disappointing Players of the Tournament

tikkanen5rings*

Rajala's multifails made even Armia look bad:shakehead
Vatanen showed glimbses of greatness but was overplayed and it started to show.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
There's some pretty odd selections in this thread, but everyone gets their opinion I suppose. I only really watched Canada close enough to make worthwhile choices (I'm not sure how any of you watched enough to make accurate selections from more than 2 or 3 teams, but whatever).

Connolly - He never established himself after the pre-tournament injury
Olsen - I loved him at the U18, but I thought he was Canada's worst defenceman
De Haan - Another guy I've always liked, but he didn't elevate his game the way I expected (basically Tyson Barrie did what I thought De Haan could). He wasn't bad, but he didn't play to the level I thought he would
Roy/Visentin - Obviously

I hate to be one of those posters who just defends his own prospects, but I question those that were disappointed by Cowen. Perhaps your expectations were just too high. I thought he was very solid, and at times dominant defensively. It's the kind of thing you may only notice if you pay attention (or have Mackenzie/Maguire point it out). He is not a pretty player, at all, but he showed a lot this tournament.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
THe Blackhawks prospects..

OLSEN was horrible until the final few games -and even in the Gold Medal loss -he did not do the shutdown job on the russkies quick 2nd goal (11 seconds after their 1st goal0--that goal really changed the "mo" in the game..

Earlier in the tournament --MCgire thought something might be hysically wrong with OLSEN --or maybe it was mental as he decided to leave school and turnpro ..eiter way he did not play very well.

MORIN(ok we know he was hurt)-still it disaaoints tat he couldn't show his best ...

LEDDY? Merely average ...In fact Leddy has played better for the Blackhawks in his recent NHL call-up than he did both in the AHL and in the World u-20's--go figure!

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
Id say it cant be just one player so team sweden or the united states. And thats because canada wasnt expected to do very well,russia was supost to be 4th to 5th. And Finland wasnt expected to do anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad