Most Disappointing Players of the Tournament

nafsregnar27

Jul 31, 2010
Central California
Ill start

US - D'Amigo, Kreider

Really? IMO he wasn't but at first he wasn't spectacular, but showed up at the end, should have had a letter. Oh well he did end his WJ career @ P/G pace.

My disappointment: US defensemen except Faulk. Sweden as a whole (Lehner especially). Finland in the sense that they couldn't finish what they started. The draft eligible players.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Ill start

US - D'Amigo, Kreider

Give me a break. Kreider was arguably USA's best forward. Playing with Palmieri, who tries to dangle everyone isn't going to help his stats. Look what happened when players passed him the puck. He scored nearly every time, and that shows how many times his teammates passed him the puck in scoring areas.

D'Amigo, Morin, Palmieri, hell any returning player was twice as bad as Kreider, who actually played well. It's comical that anyone though Morin would ever be able to lead this team in a scoring role. He's anti-dynamic.

Kid_Roll

Oct 14, 2005
Vancouver
www.tsn.ca
Both Canadian goalies.

Every single Canadian player in the last 20 minutes of the tourney. ;)

But seriously, this is another year where Canada's goaltending has been subpar. We haven't had good goaltending ever since Price, and aside from the one save from Tokarski where McGuire Tokarski'd all over himself.

I don't know who the future Olympic goalie would be for Canada after Luongo. Fleury? Steve Mason dropped off the face of the earth, Turco sucks now....I guess Price......Canadian goaltending seems to be on a lower level then other countries right now.

Anyways, not to derail the thread.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
I don't know who the future Olympic goalie would be for Canada after Luongo. Fleury? Steve Mason dropped off the face of the earth, Turco sucks now....I guess Price......Canadian goaltending seems to be on a lower level then other countries right now.

Anyways, not to derail the thread.

Cam *** Ward (not to derail the thread). :nod:

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
From a Canadian standpoint.. Connelly, Ashton, Dehaan and Olsen.

All AHL players for the Americans.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Both Slovak goalies. They looked like they couldn't stop a beachball at times.

We should have cheated and somehow played Halak.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Give me a break. Kreider was arguably USA's best forward. Playing with Palmieri, who tries to dangle everyone isn't going to help his stats. Look what happened when players passed him the puck. He scored nearly every time, and that shows how many times his teammates passed him the puck in scoring areas.

D'Amigo, Morin, Palmieri, hell any returning player was twice as bad as Kreider, who actually played well. It's comical that anyone though Morin would ever be able to lead this team in a scoring role. He's anti-dynamic.

Well said about Krieder. Whenever his linemates would use him, he'd capitalize more often than not.

VladNYC*

The most disappointed playa of the tourney was Pierre McGuire :laugh:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Cowen, Visentin, Lehner, Roy, D'Amigo

Lehner had one great game; in the other games he was completely useless. Had higher hopes for him, thought he was the new Lundqvist:cry:

Aside from him I'd say Lander was a disappointment. Would've said that A.Larsson was too, but he picked his game up in the last two games...unfortunately no one else on team Sweden did, haha..

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Lehner had one great game; in the other games he was completely useless. Had higher hopes for him, thought he was the new Lundqvist:cry:..

If the Senators continue to lose you may see Lehner in the NHL very soon, as per Bryan Murray. Other than some uncharacteristic goals, a couple softies and a couple flukes I thought he looked great.

The only goalie I liked more from an NHL projection standpoint was Campbell...although I didn't see any of Ortio. Lehner's got size on Campbell, but Campbell is very athletic and seems to anticipate the play very well...they're pretty close.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Couturier - Did he even play?
Larsson - At times he looked real good and at times he made some brutal decisions.
Niederreiter - See Couturier
Gudbranson - He wasn't bad or anything but this kid was a :eek::eek::eek::eek:hair away from making the Panthers this year, really?
Connolly - Ok it's real early but...(Jeff Skinner, enough said)

Looks like the Devils chose a potentially bad year to tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad