Most controversial or offensive storylines or incidents ever done in wrestling

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Read the very last line.

The guy you posted would understand everything I typed. Go figure.

I did read the last sentence. I do not know what "Beezer was not prompted for act" means. I also think Jim Carrey's thoughts on any of these matters to be quite irrelevant.

Just because its beyond your ability to understand doesn't mean it's incoherent.

Nah. It's pretty much incoherent. There are people who have dedicated their life to the study of the english language who would struggle with interpreting that post.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I did read the last sentence. I do not know what "Beezer was not prompted for act" means. I also think Jim Carrey's thoughts on any of these matters to be quite irrelevant.

Nah. It's pretty much incoherent. There are people who have dedicated their life to the study of the english language who would struggle with interpreting that post.

Can you really not figure out what "Beezer was not prompted for act" means? Means he wasn't reading a cue card or script like Norton or in relevance-any wrestler.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
WWF turning Hawk's very real alcohol abuse into an angle to split up LOD 2000 which also led to the angle of Hawk's drunken "suicide" attempt off the TitanTron. Awful.

One of the most recent ones that came to mind was the Paul Bearer/Undertaker/Punk feud that involved Punk pouring the very recently deceased Bearer's "ashes" onto Undertaker. Thought that was way too soon and in poor taste.

Also on the topic of alcohol and Punk, his angle for his feud with Jericho with the "alcoholism" angle was a bit much. Jericho taunting the "alcoholism" in Punk's family and then literally pouring "booze" down Punk's throat was uncomfortable. I mean, it did what it was supposed to do in making Jericho the heel, but I know a few actual recovering alcoholics who might not be so thrilled to see that type of angle get portrayed to a live and television audience. For me, it's one thing to have heel Punk say he's better than you because he's straight edge and quite another to openly taunt someone's alcoholism, real or scripted.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
If you read Jericho's book, Punk was all about doing it, he wanted to take things further as well. He also liked the idea that if he lost, he would have to get a for real tattoo of Jericho's initials done in front of a live audience.

McMahon squashed that idea.

Reactions: Chris Cutter
Feb 24, 2017
I remember maybe Raw one time, IRS “ties Tatanka up in the ropes”, then proceeds to put on his super sacred feathered ceremonial headdress and do the skipping “woowoowoowoowoowoowoowoowoo” around the ring.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This reminds me of another angle that could find a place in this thread, though I enjoyed it. In part of the Sandman-Raven feud in ECW Raven brought Sandman's ex wife (his real ex wife) into his "Raven's Nest" and then Sandman's real son as well, the implication being brainwashing. The son talked about how Sandman was an alcoholic and broke their family apart. In general Raven used the kid (Tyler I think) as a prop to torment Sandman.
Raven convincing Tyler to hit Sandman with the singapore cane was the most messed up thing. I bet that kid still thinks back and is sad about the day his dad told him to bust him open with a wooden stick. Sick.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For horrible taste NOTHING tops Onita doing an angle where he was stabbed by Invader 1. The outrage in Japan was so great it actually got dropped. And come to think of it the babyface push Invader got in PR in the aftermath of him murdering Brody was pretty vile and disgusting as well.

Reactions: Normand Lacombe

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Vince hates JR because wrestling fans actually love the guy while they think Vince is an asshole as much as they respect him for creating wrestling as we know it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How in the hell did the hot dog stand segment with HHH and Candice Michelle make it on air during the PG era?
That wasn’t the PG era. Pretty sure that was the only year in recent times that was TV-14, or at least PG-13. They had the live sex celebration and home invasions that same year.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Vince hates JR because wrestling fans actually love the guy while they think Vince is an ******* as much as they respect him for creating wrestling as we know it.

I don't think that Vince particularly knows or cares what announcers fans like. I do think that Vince very clearly dislikes a lot of elements of the American South, which clearly influenced JR as that is where he cut his teeth. Vince actually being from North Carolina is probably the root of this, as he seems to have had a terrible life there and once he hit New York never looked back.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Really good read here. Nothing we haven't already heard but it's articulated and framed very nice.

Triple H Beating Booker T At WrestleMania 19 Is Still Unforgivable
It’s racism within the confines of a storyline, which isn’t any different from DiCaprio playing Mr. Candy in Django Unchained. But this only works as long as, in the end, the racist gets his comeuppance — or at the very least, said racism is presented as hateful and inaccurate. That didn’t happen at WrestleMania 19. Instead, Triple H won relatively fair and square, ending with Booker T getting pinned, laying flat on the mat for nearly 30 seconds waiting for Triple H to pin him after a Pedigree — all while Jerry Lawler is deep into his bag of racist jokes.

:(

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The HHH/Booker T angle was the apex of HHH's poisonous run in the early 2000s. Everything about the conclusion to that feud was wrong.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->