Most annoying thing your coach does

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not many for Monty just yet. He gives the young guys chances while trusting the veterans (ex: Spezza).

It is kinda annoying how he won't scratch Brett Ritchie though

Also kinda annoying how our lines change just about every game but the Radulov injury throws things off so I get it

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Todd Mac: doesn't take advantage of line matching. Rolls the lines when he shouldn't. Also, too stubborn with the power play.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
You have no issues with Cassidy?

I don’t.

His run and gun style bothered me last year, but that’s toned way down this year. Any issues I have with this year’s team (lack of secondary scoring) are on the FO far more than Cassidy.

Not saying he’s a perfect coach, but I still think I am relieved to not be pissed at Julien every night so his mistakes are getting lost in the wash.

The closest thing I can come up with is that he doesn’t relegate David Backes to the bottom line/the press box.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Carlyle-his face, and the fact that he still shows up every day.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Boudreau is doing the exact same thing. Nobody understands it.
I remember an Oilers PP shift 2 (3?) games ago, in which Draisaitl had to turn his back against McDavid to get a shot off. Was strange, funny and sad all at the same time.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
refusing to take Lucic off the first PP unit. He has been failing on it for pretty much a year and a half straight.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Plays Cody Ceci like he is a #1 defensemen.

His son is Tom Pyatt.

Plays a system that allows 40-50 shots against a game.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
We have 5 left shots on our first power-play. The results have been incredibly average.

Last game, by accident a right shot (Chiasson) was put out on a delayed call. It took about 10 seconds for McDavid to find him and score.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Short lease for rookies and guys with actual potential, long leash for guys who continuously make mistakes.

Eh... gotta disagree with that. He gave Zads a large leash (only benched Zads when he really needed a slap in the face) along with Girard, Jost, Compher, Kerfoot, and Rantanen.

It's only Kam he's given a short leash to. The rest had more than ample opportunity to prove themselves.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Nothing to really hate about Travis Green THIS year. Just give Stecher more playing time, guys not getting the ice time he deserves.

Last year he would play Virtanen with the Sedins, which infuriated me because Virtanen tended to overthink, and Sedins slow, predictable cycle game didn't compliment Virtanen's rather rambunctious play, and they took the edgy and meanness out of him to the point where he wasn't even engaging in any scrums or physical stuff, the hotheadedness he used to have.

edit buggy forums

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Eh... gotta disagree with that. He gave Zads a large leash (only benched Zads when he really needed a slap in the face) along with Girard, Jost, Compher, Kerfoot, and Rantanen.

It's only Kam he's given a short leash to. The rest had more than ample opportunity to prove themselves.
Fair enough. I wavered on whether to post that or not but I guess I have Kamenev + his love affair with Calvert on my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad