Most amazing record safe for another 9+ years

Seanconn*

I think a defenseman leading the league in points like Orr did (twice) is pretty untouchable. Has a defenseman even come close lately?

no. closest was Paul Coffey I think? and even he was nowhere even close to winning the scoring title... although, it was pretty much impossible to win the Art Ross when you're playing against Gretzky and Mario in their primes.

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
no. closest was Paul Coffey I think? and even he was nowhere even close to winning the scoring title... although, it was pretty much impossible to win the Art Ross when you're playing against Gretzky and Mario in their primes.

Coffey finished second to Gretzky in 1984, fifth in 1985, third in 1986, sixth in 1989, and sixth in 1995. I doubt we will ever see a defenseman finish sixth in NHL scoring like Coffey did at age 33 with the Red Wings.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
I think the Winnipeg Jets record of 30 consecutive games without a win during the 1980-81 season will be pretty safe as long as the salary cap is in place.

I honestly don't. What was the Islanders streak without a win this year, 23 or 24?

Colorado had two 10 game winless streaks separated by one win. If they lose that one game, then it becomes a 21 game streak.

While it would be difficult, I think that both Colorado and the Islanders showed that it is possible to go on long streaks. Once a team gets into a streak like that, it can be difficult to break when you aren't getting any of the bounces.

I'm not saying that it will be broken in the near future, but it isn't something that I would say is safe because of the salary cap.

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
OV had 3 straight 50-goal seasons, but it ends there. Bossy's most amazing record is safe for another decade at least.

Sorry, I look at the record books, and this is the one that simply jumps at me. What a symbol of consistency!

The Great One was closest with 8.

Simply...WOW

Just as sick.....Mike Bossy has the highest recorded (applicable) shooting percentage also, 21.2%

A goal at just under every 5 shots.

The guy was a sniper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->