Most Affordable Option to Watch Oiler Games

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I usually order the sports package on Telus each September to watch all the Oiler games. I'm not the most tech savvy individual and only want to watch games on my tv, not cellphone or computer screen.

Does anyone know if there is a more affordable option than ordering like 8 Tsn1,2,3,4,5 channels along with sportsnet for games? Specifically if you want to watch on TV?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I would t even bother ordering the TSN package, you'll only miss out on a few games. I don't think you'll find much cheaper then $7/month for sportsnet unless you go watch the games at other people's houses.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Why would you need TSN for Oilers games?

If you're willing to cord cut entirely and drop cable, Sportsnet Now is probably the best bet. If you have cable for other reasons, the basic Sportsnet package will get it done.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'll be living in Leafs territory starting next month for uni. What's the best way to watch Oilers games outside of the Oilers broadcast region?

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
I usually order the sports package on Telus each September to watch all the Oiler games. I'm not the most tech savvy individual and only want to watch games on my tv, not cellphone or computer screen.

Does anyone know if there is a more affordable option than ordering like 8 Tsn1,2,3,4,5 channels along with sportsnet for games? Specifically if you want to watch on TV?

If you're looking for just Oilers games and not other sports maybe try Shaw? They allow you to add the Sportsnet package and TSN package separately, so you don't have to pay for the TSN channels if you don't want them.

Reactions: redgrant

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I begrudgingly pay for NHL Center Ice, but the service is beyond terrible and the app is likely made by low-level interns.

I'm tempted to go for the Reddit option this season.

I hate how I have to pay $300 then I still have to sit through a series of stupid targeted ads whenever I click on anything.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Find a less then tech savvy person who has Shaw, use there Shaw account number and toss them a couple coins to sign up for sports net now on Xbox/computer/smart tv. They get there normal tv, you get to watch hockey for the less then $100 a month sports package they make you buy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad