Morrow and Lukowich to CHL - pathetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Buffaloed said:
Eventually Oklahoma City will land an NHL franchise and people will see what I mean.

Assuming there will even be an NHL for them join if this league doesn't kill itself within the next 10 years. ;)

Anyway, thanks for that. I wonder how much of a financial hit Lukowich and Morrow are taking via their insurance just to play in this league?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Peter said:
You are right. Wow, how did I miss this. By hiring two NHL players it will change the entire financial landscape for the CHL and it's cities and the lowly men and women who work there. I never realized these two spoiled brats had so much power. It is a good thing these two NHL millionaires decided to take two jobs away from guys who probably have a hard time meeting their mortgages...for the good of the CHL and the parking attendants of the world. Who would have thought that these two high paying NHL players should have even considered staying at home and letting others keep their jobs...who would have thunk it???

I am so glad you showed me the error of my thinking. :dunno:

Nowhere have I said that they're doing it for the good of the CHL. Their motivation is purely personal, as I'm sure is the motivation of the 2 scrubs who will lose their jobs. NHLer's playing in the CHL is good for business and that benefits everyone other than the guys they replace. It's as simple as that. If the food network had a lockout and Chef Emeril went to work at the Moose Jaw Diner, that would be good for Moose Jaw, despite the laying off of the regular cook. I'm sure you wouldn't be so hostile towards the beloved Emeril.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
If you check the rosters of these CHL teams, you'll find a lot of ex-CIS, NCAA players. So they have an education. No doubt the others have some sort of job skills as well, for the simple reason they have off-season jobs given their hockey salaries. No one is being made homeless here. Put away the violins.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Tornado OS said:
Lukowich signed for 300 per week and he is paying for his own insurance.
Geez, this will probably be the only time in my life I'm making more than one of the Bolts. ;) He said when he signed on with them that the insurance was costing him much more than he'd be getting paid, I guess he wasn't kidding. Not sure if this helps, but he was due to make $1.275 mil this season (2nd year of a 2 year deal) and he just turned 28, if anyone has any idea of how they calculate insurance costs for hockey players.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sotnos said:
Geez, this will probably be the only time in my life I'm making more than one of the Bolts. ;) He said when he signed on with them that the insurance was costing him much more than he'd be getting paid, I guess he wasn't kidding. Not sure if this helps, but he was due to make $1.275 mil this season (2nd year of a 2 year deal) and he just turned 28, if anyone has any idea of how they calculate insurance costs for hockey players.

According to this article, Alfredsson declined to play in Sweden because it would cost approx $33,000 to insure each $1 mil of his contract.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2004/09/21/637790.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->