Morozov out with knee

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I watched replay of yesterdays game before Morozov limped out of the ice in the second period and he twisted his knee awkwardly near the boards about 20 seconds into the second period, I knew back then that it could be serious injury. They just said that he already has a surgery scheduled for May 16th, that is terrible news for him and bad news for Russia. I guess Ovechkin will have to step in and replace Morozov. Without that line performin it will be hard to win this thing.

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
I watched replay of yesterdays game before Morozov limped out of the ice in the second period and he twisted his knee awkwardly near the boards about 20 seconds into the second period, I knew back then that it could be serious injury. They just said that he already has a surgery scheduled for May 16th, that is terrible news for him and bad news for Russia. I guess Ovechkin will have to step in and replace Morozov. Without that line performin it will be hard to win this thing.
I am sure AO is more than capable of stepping up and replacing Morozov. Sad news though, I hate to see any player get injured.
link:
http://www.gazeta.ru/news/sport/themes/1047756.shtml

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I am sure AO is more than capable of stepping up and replacing Morozov. Sad news though, I hate to see any player get injured.
link:
http://www.gazeta.ru/news/sport/themes/1047756.shtml

While Ovechkin is a great player you can't replace the connection that ZZM line. When Ovechkin played several shifts replacing Morozov yesterday he looked out of place, did not know where the passes were coming from. This won't be easy...

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
While Ovechkin is a great player you can't replace the connection that ZZM line. When Ovechkin played several shifts replacing Morozov yesterday he looked out of place, did not know where the passes were coming from. This won't be easy...

I agree on the connection part, of course. those guys have been playing together for a long period of time. I still think that AO can dominate on any level with anybody on his line. Last couple of years in DC proved that.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
This actually solves the Brylin problem. We will have ZZO and Brylin-Nepryaev-Kulemin. But overall: Team Russia+Brylin-Morozov = worse Team Russia

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
This actually solves the Brylin problem. We will have ZZO and Brylin-Nepryaev-Kulemin. But overall: Team Russia+Brylin-Morozov = worse Team Russia
Well, u know my take so far on AK Bars line:) Brylin one of the best 2-way players in the world. So, we'll
see:)

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
Two way does not score much
I think we've been through that yesterday:) Scoring tons of goals against Denmark and Ukraine does not count for much :) 2way shuts down opposition:) Team Russia is loaded with goalscorers. Trust me, Having a player like Brylin will help a lot, I've seen him playing against the best players in the world:)

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre

It could work really well if Ovechkin could replace Morozov- that way Brylin-Nepryaev-Kulemin would be ideal checking line. The problem is that Ovechkin did not seem to be on the same page with Zaripov and Zinoviev yesterday. He just did his own thing and Z & Z did theirs. We need this line to be buzzing around like they did against the Czechs, but I do not believe Ovechkin can find the chemistry with the guys overnight. Let's wait and see. I was surspised that Bykov managed to find excellent line-ups so far and I wouldn't be surprised if he acually shuffled them again because of loss of Morozov.

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
Any particular reason Denmark and Ukraine are chosen in this argumentation rather than Fin and Swe?

Nope, just first two games. U knwo what I mean, they pereformed in games they did not really matter, and in the game that mattered they did not do anything. If team Russian plays team Canada they won't do much either. I hope I'm wrong, but this is just my impression of that line so far.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Nope, just first two games. U knwo what I mean, they pereformed in games they did not really matter, and in the game that mattered they did not do anything. If team Russian plays team Canada they won't do much either. I hope I'm wrong, but this is just my impression of that line so far.

Wow, so I wonder why didn't Kovalchuk match at least half of the production by Morozov. Kovalchuk must be just patient and waiting for the most important game in the world.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
My point is: I don't think AK Bars line is good enough to perform on the level they've performed when games become more physical.

I think you are just an NHL homer because you clearly do not realize how valuable the ZZM line was even in yesterday's game. You brag about Kovalchuk who was somewhat ok (I gave him props because he was just flat out terrible playing for Russia in all previous tournaments) but you present him like he was the key to the win.

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
I think you are just an NHL homer because you clearly do not realize how valuable the ZZM line was even in yesterday's game. You brag about Kovalchuk who was somewhat ok (I gave him props because he was just flat out terrible playing for Russia in all previous tournaments) but you present him like he was the key to the win.

I really don't give a flying F### about what u think of me!:) It's not about me, it's about team Russia. So, whatever u think about me u can keep it to yourself. Stay on topic!

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I really don't give a flying F### about what u think of me!:) It's not about me, it's about team Russia. So, whatever u think about me u can keep it to yourself. Stay on topic!

Just out of curiosity, are you even Russia's fan or you purely Kovalchuk fan. Do you support team Russia or only Russian players who play in NHL?

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
My point is: I don't think AK Bars line is good enough to perform on the level they've performed when games become more physical.

Why would the WC PO games become more physical than what we have seen in the prelim? How much of Ak Bars first line you have seen this year to make such conclusions?

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
Why would the WC PO games become more physical than what we have seen in the prelim? How much of Ak Bars first line you have seen this year to make such conclusions?

Only at the WC, I did not see them in RSL. Why would PO games become more physical? Well, because they always do, especially when you have to face team Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad