Morgan Rielly tracker - on record setting pace!

Which records will most likely be held by Morgan Rielly at the end of this season?

• Most Points by a D-man

• Most Goals by a D-man

• Both Pts and Goals by a D-man

• Morgan will break ALL the records (Hulk Smash)

• Morgan will fall short of breaking any records (Sens and Habs fan option)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The team or teammates i should say need to start playing way way better for the 60 minute game with no breakdowns in consistency.

They are terribly unpredictable going back 5 weeks now or so. He needs the entire team playing like the "machine" babcock so wammied us by saying about 5 weeks ago ha.

If the entire team gets the mojo back ( and i think its coming) Morgs can possibly break them all. If the powerplay continues running cold that won't help him.

I think he can but i predicted he is a Karlsson type potential producer a couple years back now. I am big optimistic fan of his going way back.

If everyone helps him he definitely will. Needs his teammates playing better to do it.

So he will because this is a ultra talented group. ;))

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Just to bump this up . . .

Rielly currently at: 17g 47a 64 pts
On pace for: 21g 58a 78pts
(which would leave him one shy of tying both the goal record and the points record)

He's one big night from being right on pace to break two out of three . . . (xxVancouver is his hometown xx) Edmonton sucks defensively, and it's a weakish team . . . the time to strike is TONIGHT, future captain!

Last edited:

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Got his 18th goal of the season so he has a shot at that 22 goal record for sure. I feel like the 79 points is a bit out of reach right now though, just my gut there.

Reactions: slozo

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Morgan Rielly -#1 defenseman for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Norris Candidate.

As much as people hate on Babcock and co. we need to embrace witnessing everything we wanted prior to 2016.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Morgan Rielly -#1 defenseman for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Norris Candidate.

As much as people hate on Babcock and co. we need to embrace witnessing everything we wanted prior to 2016.

People need to look at Edmonton and Buffalo and realize where we could be in a Babcock free world. Babcock has a lot of annoying traits, but the program is working.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Got his 18th goal of the season so he has a shot at that 22 goal record for sure. I feel like the 79 points is a bit out of reach right now though, just my gut there.

Mm.
Currently at
GP---G----A--PTS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Which puts him on track for a projected
22g - 57a - 78pts
Back on track to match the Leafs all-time record for goals in a season for a d-man, and get real close to the points record as well.

He's been on a real upswing of late for scoring, getting 3 goals and 1 assist in his last 4 games.
Will be in tough against TB the next game, but then plays three straight against teams that would be considered a bit "looser" defensively, Chicago, Philly and Ottawa.

Keep it up, Morgan!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The process is so wacky. How are Rielly and Marner not there? Even if they are over Matty and Tavares.

Because they limit the number of players from a team . And they pick well known players. And it's a meaningless money grab. And ...

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Because they limit the number of players from a team . And they pick well known players. And it's a meaningless money grab. And ...

To finish your sentence,
...and because they just plain screwed up, pandering to an American market by leaving out Marner and Rielly. That's the plain truth of it.

But I think Morgan can forget all about that with some success this spring. It's in the past!

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
What was plain last night at the game. Morgan was hunting points and I expect he will continue the rest of the season to do so.

Morgan is not a selfish player at all but it sure looks like he is pushing hard for points would like to see him catch the D man points leader and at the same time break the records of past leafs D man. Not bad for a 3rd pairing D man. Just where is that posters with the top secret formula for evaluating D man.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
What was plain last night at the game. Morgan was hunting points and I expect he will continue the rest of the season to do so.

Morgan is not a selfish player at all but it sure looks like he is pushing hard for points would like to see him catch the D man points leader and at the same time break the records of past leafs D man. Not bad for a 3rd pairing D man. Just where is that posters with the top secret formula for evaluating D man.

I'd prefer him playing that way, Morgan is much better off pushing the play and carting the puck up ice looking to push offensively than sitting back and letting the other team come at us

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I'd prefer him playing that way, Morgan is much better off pushing the play and carting the puck up ice looking to push offensively than sitting back and letting the other team come at us

Yeah, I could see Babcock in fact encouraging Rielly to play that way - offensively minded. I think he's so solid defensively now, that he can concentrate on that part of the game and it simply makes him way more dangerous, and clearly a greater benefit to the team.
He's got excellent vision and a very underrated shot.

So I think it's less being selfish, and more following the encouragement to rush the play more himself.

Reactions: Kiwi

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
People need to look at Edmonton and Buffalo and realize where we could be in a Babcock free world. Babcock has a lot of annoying traits, but the program is working.
Why do you have to look at 2 bad teams as proof that the Leafs would be terrible without Babcock? Look at the Bruins roster, they are in way more talented or deep as the Leafs and have a better record. Cooper in TB has the Bolts playing to their strengths. Just because our team is deep enough to cover for Babcock's errors doesn't mean we should be grateful he's the coach. And for the record, I love what he has done for Rielly, he wouldn't be the same d-man without Babs coaching imo.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I have really enjoyed watching Morgan blossom into a number 1 d-man right before our very eyes. Every year hes been getting better and better.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
He really impressed me with how he handled McDavid last night. I know McDavid got those 2 points in the last minute when the Oilers pulled their goalie and put their 6 best players on the ice but for the first 59 minutes McDavid was pretty quiet.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why do you have to look at 2 bad teams as proof that the Leafs would be terrible without Babcock? Look at the Bruins roster, they are in way more talented or deep as the Leafs and have a better record. Cooper in TB has the Bolts playing to their strengths. Just because our team is deep enough to cover for Babcock's errors doesn't mean we should be grateful he's the coach. And for the record, I love what he has done for Rielly, he wouldn't be the same d-man without Babs coaching imo.

What is to be learned at looking at Boston?

They went on a 19 game undefeated in regulation streak and they only have a 4 point lead and we have a game in hand on them. Like I said, the program is working.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
What is to be learned at looking at Boston?

They went on a 19 game undefeated in regulation streak and they only have a 4 point lead and we have a game in hand on them. Like I said, the program is working.
What is to be learned?

The fact that the Leafs have a much more talented and deep team compared to the Bruins yet the Bruins are the ones with a 4 point lead in the standings.

Before the season started, if I told you that even with Tavares the Leafs would be in the same standing as last year heading to the playoffs you wouldn't have believed me.

Boston's coach gets the most out of that roster, Babcock on the other hand...I can only imagine how many points we've let slip away because Nylander can't play with Matthews and Brown getting more ice time than our franchise center.

Reactions: dsred

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What is to be learned?

The fact that the Leafs have a much more talented and deep team compared to the Bruins yet the Bruins are the ones with a 4 point lead in the standings.

Before the season started, if I told you that even with Tavares the Leafs would be in the same standing as last year heading to the playoffs you wouldn't have believed me.

Boston's coach gets the most out of that roster, Babcock on the other hand...I can only imagine how many points we've let slip away because Nylander can't play with Matthews and Brown getting more ice time than our franchise center.

We also didn’t have Nylander for nearly 3 months. That’s another reason why Babcock wasn’t playing them together.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
We also didn’t have Nylander for nearly 3 months. That’s another reason why Babcock wasn’t playing them together.
What's the excuse now? Nylander looks back to form, he just doesn't have anyone that can finish on his line (Brown, Marleau)

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I have really enjoyed watching Morgan blossom into a number 1 d-man right before our very eyes. Every year hes been getting better and better.

Agreed.
Let's just hope he can forget about that last game and move on . . . I know he will.

As to all the chatter on Babcock, with reference to Rielly (to keep this thread on track) - yes, I do believe that Babcock's "hard work" to make Rielly a more defensively responsble player, has allowed him to be the offensive juggernaut he's become.

Reactions: The Apologist

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Glad hes back on track pointswise. If nothing changes: 70GP-19G-48A-67P

Goals (defenceman): 22 - Ian Turnbull (1976–77)/Al Iafrate (1987–88)
Assists (defenceman): 66 - Borje Salming (1976–77)
Points (defenceman): 79 - Ian Turnbull (1976–77)

Goals and Points are certainly within reach in the last 12.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->