Morgan Rielly now T-6th in league scoring (UPD: Now T-14th )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Thomas Chabot, Burns and Carlson are pretty much on the same pace at this moment so I think it won’t be hard to find a better pace. Oh ****, you didn’t know??
Oh yeah, you don’t follow any other players from any other teams.

If we play the game Leaf fans are always playing Chabot with the same pace has 5 PPP less than Reilly.

Yeah, uhm this is awkward... Uh yeah, don’t worry I don’t expect a reply.

Thomas Chabot has a thread too ya silly goose

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
He's spent almost his entire career next to Hainsey, Hunwick, Marincin, etc.

I'd love to see him get a legit top pairing partner like so many top D in the league get.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
Goes up against top pairing competition and continues to blossom offensively. A stud two-way #1 d-man with room to grow. Very jealous of the Leafs for having this guy and I think if hockey fans at large weren't so allergic to giving Toronto players credit there'd be more (non-Toronto-based) chatter about him. Also has to drag around the corpse of Ron Hainsey LOL

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Right now, absolutely. But remember that as late as like New Year's last season Nick Leddy was considered in the discussion. Lot of season left, even though he's been terrific thus far.
Isles fans discussing him on their board doesn't constitute "in the discussion".

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
I would hope so, all he has do to do is skate above average and be able to pass the puck to one of the hottest lines in hockey. Reminds we AHL super star was +50 when he had to pass to a prime Semin, Ovie, Backstrom line and hfboards thought he was an elite shutdown d-man lmao.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure there was a main boards thread about it
By new years he was 10th in scoring and -13. Not that plus minus is a good stat but he was getting scored on in bunches.

Pretty sure any discussion of him for the norris would be isles fans and then the rest of the world laughing.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
LOL

2 posts down

Hey, it wasn't me comparing anything about his game,to Bobby Orr back in 2012. But it WAS said.

Central Scouting’s Peter Sullivan said of Rielly. “He’s got that [Bobby] Orr-ish quality about him. He can change the game in all areas of the ice, so I’m not surprised he stayed at No. 5(in spite of his injury) simply because of how good this kid is.”

Draft Prospect Profile: Morgan Rielly

:)

Last edited:

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Hey, it wasn't me comparing anything about his game,to Bobby Orr back in 2012. But it WAS said.

Central Scouting’s Peter Sullivan said of Rielly. “He’s got that [Bobby] Orr-ish quality about him. He can change the game in all areas of the ice, so I’m not surprised he stayed at No. 5(in spite of his injury) simply because of how good this kid is.”

Draft Prospect Profile: Morgan Rielly

:)

Nah, you're good. No worries. I just found it funny.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
the guy finally plays well most nights and people can't believe it

is he gonna redefine the league or position? no, but might as well compare him to the legends or no one will care about him finally playing well enough but the locals

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
The only reason I don't pump the gas on Dmen that put up crazy points is how much are they involved? Is it more impressive for a player to put up a ppg as a dman if they have no stars around them? Or does that make it not as impressive because they are the only option.

Reily is not the only option on that team, but their high low offense makes him play more as a fwd. It's like Subban or Josi on nashville putting up 60 pts as dmen, the dmen are just as much offensive players as the forwards.

So by eyeball and stat wise I am impressed by Reily's production, and play. However with the talent around him as the Number one D on a high powered offense. I'd expect him to be around a ppg but Karlsson just for what team he was on was more impressive.

So awesome for him, but we shall see if it last 82 and the playoffs. I don't doubt him, however it's still worth a moment to see on.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Mostly due to his unreal start at the start of the season. 5 points in the last 8 games. Still very impressive though.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
impressive start for Rielly. Sits tied for 6th. Only d-man in the top 15.

Has good potential to keep it up with the Leafs offense.

Might be looking at Norris Consideration.
Well Chabot has 2 less pts in 1 less game and he's doing it on the Sens.Imagine if he played on the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad