Morgan Rielly now T-6th in league scoring (UPD: Now T-14th )

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
It's hilarious how every Leaf player thread turns into sarcasm central yet when it's another Canadian team it's so much more civil, it's a joke really.
Their day is coming and it will be glorious.

Cue the "it's only 1 cup this century" rebuttals

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Leafs fans a few months ago - "Powerplay points don't matter, look at how many 5on5 points Matthews puts up! He the best!!!
Leafs fans today - "My fav player puts up a lot of PP points. Is that supposed to be a bad thing?"
Rielly has 10 even strength points in 14 games. I mean I thought it was pretty obvious why I had a problem with it but I can spell it out for you all if you really need it that bad :laugh:

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

Cotton

May 13, 2013
More impressed about his all round game, 6'1 218 pounds. He out muscles a lot of players and gets the puck out of the zone a lot. That and his transition game is godly.Hes been arguably the leafs best player imo.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
We should all bow down.

Nobody is saying anyone should bow, down, just a legitimate thread about amazing production from a defender, who if he keeps this up will certainly be in contention for the Norris...seeing that the Norris tends to be given for point production these days.

No need to be salty about it. Instead why don't you chip in with a legitimate adult hockey opinion?

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
I love how people can't be mature adults and have to derail any positive Leafs thread with garbage like this.
I love how anytime a leaf does something there is a thread about it. Where are the ones that say is Morgan Rielly overrated if he doesn't get points in consecutive games.
I get it he's playing great hockey this season but let's not go overboard with this

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
This thread is pretty extra... not sure what kind of reaction you were expecting make this on the main board.

It's 14 games in, he's tied for 6th, sure. At least wait till the halfway mark lol

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I love how anytime a leaf does something there is a thread about it. Where are the ones that say is Morgan Rielly overrated if he doesn't get points in consecutive games.
I get it he's playing great hockey this season but let's not go overboard with this

Well if Leaf threads on the main board are bothering you this much, then maybe you shouldn't post in the f***ing thread? I know, makes too much sense, right?...

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009

I love how a defenceman who's had the best 14 game start by a dman in the last decade isn't threadworthy somehow but we can all have a mature discussion in threads talking about how Braden Holtby and Erik Karlsson are playing like shit in the same timeframe.

Reactions: Zrinski

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
He’s been awesome this year. Taking full advantage of the juggernaught offence the Leafs are capable of having on any given night. As an Avs fan he’s always been what I hope Makar turns into. Both top 5 picks, fluid skaters, riskiest players in their respective draft years, and both play a two way game but often incorrectly get labeled as pure offensive dmen.

bert2z

Dank budz and death metal.
Jan 22, 2013
Michigan
impressive start for Rielly. Sits tied for 6th. Only d-man in the top 15.

Has good potential to keep it up with the Leafs offense.

Might be looking at Norris Consideration.

Reasonable thread about a leaf player without tire pumping and outlandish comparison or projections. Well done.

It's always good to see a young player doing well.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
[Mod]

Over half of Rielly's points this year are at even strength. So again is him having 8 points on the powerplay supposed to be bad when he is producing more at even strength? There isn't a way to spin this so I am not sure why anyone is trying too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tracer Bullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad