Proposal: Morgan Rielly+Kapanen+1st for McDonagh

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
By now its quite clear Morgan Rielly will never be a number 1 d-man, this trades makes the Leafs better now and in the future. The Rangers get younger and build their D around Brady Skjei and get 2 assets in return for giving up their captain. Let me know what you think

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There is something quite clear here but it has nothing to do with Rielly

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
By now its quite clear Morgan Rielly will never be a number 1 d-man, this trades makes the Leafs better now and in the future. The Rangers get younger and build their D around Brady Skjei and get 2 assets in return for giving up their captain. Let me know what you think

Clear to whom? I am a Vancouver fan and I would not make that trade. Not horrible but unecessary.

Better to find a right side D that can play in the top 4. That would actually improve the team.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm sorry, but Rielly is trending down and top pairing defencemen are extremely hard to get. If I was the NYR GM I would ask for Nylander and marner.... nothing more, nothing less. Would be fair 10/10.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I'm sorry, but Rielly is trending down and top pairing defencemen are extremely hard to get. If I was the NYR GM I would ask for Nylander and marner.... nothing more, nothing less. Would be fair 10/10.

Nylander AND Marner ??

Cmon now.....McD is good but that would just be extreme overpayment.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto

Are you serious? First off. You wouldn't get both for McDonaugh. Secondly. Who says rielly can't be a number 1? Sometimes it takes time to become a number 1.

DontLaughAtThat

Apr 12, 2017
By now its quite clear Morgan Rielly will never be a number 1 d-man, this trades makes the Leafs better now and in the future. The Rangers get younger and build their D around Brady Skjei and get 2 assets in return for giving up their captain. Let me know what you think[/Q

Leafs fans will hate this deal and as a Ranger fan, I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up McD and assume that you can build a blue line around Brady Skjei. He's only a sophomore in addition to that, I am personally not too high on Morgan Reilly.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Are you serious? First off. You wouldn't get both for McDonaugh. Secondly. Who says rielly can't be a number 1? Sometimes it takes time to become a number 1.

Rielly is not very good, and while still young doesn't seem to have much hockey sense. Regardless, he would not be the main piece going back. Either marner and nylander or Matthews + 3rd would entice nyr to trade him.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Are you trying to set the record for most locked threads in a day?

If so, you're doing a heck of a job so far...

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
Rielly is not very good, and while still young doesn't seem to have much hockey sense. Regardless, he would not be the main piece going back. Either marner and nylander or Matthews + 3rd would entice nyr to trade him.

just stop... im a huge McDonagh fan always have and always will pump his tires, but just stop... Rielly+Kap+1st was a good start point, the trade will never be agreed on but give him credit for value ....get Marner+Nylander LOL and certainly get Matthews (like cmon now) out of here

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

I've been seeing you make a lot of asinine hot takes when it comes to the Leafs lately.
Little early in your HF career for that, bud.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
So much wrong in this thread I don't even know where to start......so I won't.

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
Someone's got his rod out & is looking for a bite lol

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Why is NYR even considering this?

To get NYRs captain and best player,, who they don't want to trade, it needs to be an irresistible game changing offer, such the McKinnon proposals, which at least get one thinking,

from Leafs that would mean Marner, which Leads won't want to do

Reilly is probably one of the top 30 really good young D, that the league has become rich with lately, but not an asset a team would reinvent their team for

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

23 year old d men dont trend down. Ridiculous comment.

By now its quite clear Morgan Rielly will never be a number 1 d-man, this trades makes the Leafs better now and in the future. The Rangers get younger and build their D around Brady Skjei and get 2 assets in return for giving up their captain. Let me know what you think[/Q

Leafs fans will hate this deal and as a Ranger fan, I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up McD and assume that you can build a blue line around Brady Skjei. He's only a sophomore in addition to that, I am personally not too high on Morgan Reilly.

Skjei and Reilly are the same age... See how ridiculous this thread looks. How is one able to be built around while the other is trending down. Hf Typical.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The original offer doesn't do anything for me, but McDonagh isn't getting Nylander AND Marner.

I'd say McDonagh for one of Nylander or Marner and a small add is a solid deal.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
This isn't bad value and I'm not sold on Rielly at all. I dont think I'd do it honestly I'd rather have Nylander or Marner(obviously Matthews is a no go) Nylander and Marner is way too much. I'd be fine 1 for 1 McDonagh for Nylander if Bill Ny can stick to center and depending on if Skjei can maintain his play. Rielly+Kap+1st is not a bad offer but is one that doesn't interest me

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

You should know well that they do, you made phaneuf your captain.

Can you even read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad