Morgan Rielly breaks Bobby Orr's modern points record for the first 5 games in a season

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
For fans that get so much crap, Leaf fans end up being right a lot...
Could it be we don't overrate our players and others underrate them? It's not like Leaf fans did not tell all of you Rielly would easily score more with PP time most others get AND told you how incredibly tough his minutes were.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Next thread: "Is Morgan Rielly the best defenseman in the entire NHL?"

Thread after that:
"Can Morgan Rielly win the Norris and Art Ross?"

At least this thread is worthy of being posted though
Nah, he's just a really good #1 D who's getting better and better.

Reactions: Zrinski

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
This thread basically only Leafs fans saying "I TOLD YOU SO! HE NUMBER 1 DEFENDER! YOU DIDNT BELIEVE!"

EDIT: And have to say that it is a very impressive feat! Though we still only talk about 5 games. Sam Gagner scored 8 points in one game.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
Is this thread necessary?

Jk, I’ve always really liked him and thought he was unfairly underrated on this board. He’s a legit stud and glad to see he’s doing so well to start the season

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Obviously being mentioned in the same sentence as Orr is awesome and amusing at the same time. I don't expect Rielly to keep up this pace at all, but I see no reason why he can't put up 70 points this year. Rielly has become pretty solid defensively, but this year his play has reached another level with his confidence.

The thing about Rielly thats pretty great is his overall play while being paired with a 5/6 dman, and still faces really tough competition. I could just imagine what he would be like with a really solid right D partner.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Next thread: "Is Morgan Rielly the best defenseman in the entire NHL?"

Thread after that:
"Can Morgan Rielly win the Norris and Art Ross?"

At least this thread is worthy of being posted though

You don’t see a problem with him being compared to (a lot of the time told he’s worse than) de Haan, Dumba, Muzzin, etc?

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Great Dman he is. Shame the leafs wont be able to surround him with some help.

But chill with mentioning Bobby Orrs name after 5 games.

How should we explain who's record that he surpassed then?

"Rielly has just passed the defenceman who should not be named in points over the first 5 games of the season. "

Doesn't have as much impact as far as I'm concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->