Morgan Rielly Appreciation Thread.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
If you had to do the draft all over again, maybe Nashville centre Filip Forsberg would have gone first overall. That is, if you don’t favour a goalie such as Andrei Vasilevskiy (19th), Frederik Andersen (87th) or Connor Hellebuyck (130th).

Come on Toronto Sun. We all know you're a wet rag of a newspaper, but even you should know Forsberg isn't a centre. You confusing him with Peter Forsberg?

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Come on Toronto Sun. We all know you're a wet rag of a newspaper, but even you should know Forsberg isn't a centre. You confusing him with Peter Forsberg?
You mean there's two players with the last name Forsberg? Probably wrote the article looking at Mike Reilly stats.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
What’s the story with Andersen? He was an overager in his first draft, and went back into the draft a couple of years later. Couldn’t he have just signed with whoever?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

If they're looking at a re-draft you'd have to consider Parayko, Ghost, and Slavin up there as well.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
giphy.gif

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Rielly is so much better than Parayko it's not even funny.

Rielly is better, but I wouldn't go that far. "So much better." Not really. Rielly has him beat in skating, hockey IQ, instincts and passing. Parayko has a more potent reach, is slightly more physical and has a way better slap shot.

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
Parayko hasn't been a top pairing DMan at any point in his career, nor has he faced that level of competition yet Rielly dominates him in every category.

Parayko would be a fantastic complementary partner on a pairing with Rielly where Rielly is the star of the show.

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
But omg would Rielly look so amazing with Parayko beside him. Truly Keith-Seabrook 2.0. If we magically traded Nylander for Parayko somehow we'd be instant favorites for the cup.

Ehhhhh, I would love a Parayko to really complement Mo's game, think that could help Mo elevate into Norris contention, I really worry about our scoring depth without Willy though. Who knows, if Kapanen can turn out to be a high end top 6 forward himself it would work out. As of now I think going for someone cheaper like a Petry from Montreal that bridges the gap from now to our great D prospects being NHL players while keeping Willy would be the move.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Parayko hasn't been a top pairing DMan at any point in his career, nor has he faced that level of competition yet Rielly dominates him in every category.

Parayko would be a fantastic complementary partner on a pairing with Rielly where Rielly is the star of the show.

Rielly hasn't had to steal minutes from Alex Pietrangelo either. Both being righties, Parayko is not going to bump Pietrangelo from the #1 spot, but he is clearly the Blues 2nd best defenseman... and if Pietrangelo wasn't there, he would be their number 1. Let's be fair here.

Yes, Rielly is better. Yes, I would clearly take Rielly over Parayko. But to say he is, "so much" better is pure hyperbole. It's not like you're comparing Rielly to Radko Gudas here.

And, yes, Parayko would be the perfect compliment to Rielly. The Blues cannot trade him, however.

Reactions: 7even

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Morgan Rielly: 5GP 3G 12P
Erik Karlsson: 5GP 0G 3P <- two secondary assists

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Where is the idiots from years past that hated on Rielly because he didn't have a big slap shot from the point?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Where is the idiots from years past that hated on Rielly because he didn't have a big slap shot from the point?
Idiot from past years checking in. Rielly has improved dramatically in recent years.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017

The same place the idiots are that made fun of Burke when he said he had rated Reilly at No 1 at the draft.

EDIT: the blow hard as people called him was actually right.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Honestly,I can't understand how any Dman in the league does not have a decent slap shot, How the hell did you get this far without that weapon as part of your ability ? I mean,some are just ok,but others are weak as my granny! I guess it isn't all that important ,but still!

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Shout out to Rielly's newly developed half-slapper shot. Still needs some work on accuracy, but it shows he's at least been working on it. Was surprised to see him pull that out of the bag a few times already this season.

Rielly with a goal on the half-slapper. Looking good kid. lol

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Honestly,I can't understand how any Dman in the league does not have a decent slap shot, How the hell did you get this far without that weapon as part of your ability ? I mean,some are just ok,but others are weak as my granny! I guess it isn't all that important ,but still!

Big slap shot is fairly useless now, by the time you've finished your wind up that lane has closed. Chara and Weber are the only guys that can get away with it consistently, part of it I swear is the unwillingness to block their shots. I wouldn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad