Confirmed with Link: Morgan: Coyotes, Tocchet agree to part ways

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Who is our Ken Hitchcock?

Probably a young former pro with some coaching success who BA admires. I would guess Rocky Thompson.

Former enforcer jumped straight into coaching, is known for being analytical and progressive. Players rave about him.

Gives Todd Nelson a shoutout around 16 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimes

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Probably a young former pro with some coaching success who BA admires. I would guess Rocky Thompson.

Former enforcer jumped straight into coaching, is known for being analytical and progressive. Players rave about him.

Gives Todd Nelson a shoutout around 16 minutes.

This is so, so good.

rt

May 13, 2004
I want Rocky Thompson to be my boss. I don't care that he doesn't know anything about marketing. I'm sure he'd get up to speed quick and get our agency humming.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Thompson seems to check a lot of the boxes. Just wish he had NHL HC experience, but we're probably not going to get that on a budget. Not anyone with winning experience at least.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Biggest takeaway is that he recognizes the importance of guys needing to care about each other in order to function as a team. Definitely something that has been missing the last few years.

rt

May 13, 2004
Oh man I was cringing over @rt wanting Lucic but I just saw this and now I want Lucic, and Mike Van Ryn hired back as the HC. :laugh:

Oh I want Lucic alright. If we was 2.5aav or less. The point of the LOL for Lucic proposals have nothing to do with Lucic and everything to do with dumping the LOL contract.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Those BA quotes about accountability really feel a bit backhanded towards Tocchet and the team’a leadership in general. I’m glad that so far it seems to he is in tune with what the team needs to be competitive long term. We’ll see what happens this summer

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Thompson seems to check a lot of the boxes. Just wish he had NHL HC experience, but we're probably not going to get that on a budget. Not anyone with winning experience at least.
Don't forget RT had a good dog and pony show and where did that get us. Rocky says all the right things, and I love to root for an under dog, but a rookie coaching an NHL team to success has very poor odds. I would love to see it so we can give every one the finger, but I don't want another failure.

Reactions: Summer Rose

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Those BA quotes about accountability really feel a bit backhanded towards Tocchet and the team’a leadership in general. I’m glad that so far it seems to he is in tune with what the team needs to be competitive long term. We’ll see what happens this summer
It sure was. There was a lack of leadership, that starts with the coach leading and keeping players accountable. If torts were coaching, some vets might have been benched here and there if he didn't think they were on their game mentally. Leadership is a hard thing to grasp. When Rt played, he lead by example, but as a coach that doesn't work. Its hard to say how much of it was the players or OEL specifically. It requires peeling the onion back to understand it all but it starts with the coach. i just don't think Rt was a good leader as a coach.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I hope we are thorough in this search but also work quickly. The drop dead date seems to be the draft - July 23 - but I’d like to think we could get this wrapped up in a month. Too many boxes to check this summer, especially with Army still going it alone without an assistant GM.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I hope we are thorough in this search but also work quickly. The drop dead date seems to be the draft - July 23 - but I’d like to think we could get this wrapped up in a month. Too many boxes to check this summer, especially with Army still going it alone without an assistant GM.
There may be a coach or two who are in the playoffs that BA wants to interview.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Announcers during the second intermission during last night's Avs/Knights tilt with their predictions had Tocchet going to Seattle and Leaman going to AZ. No other names for either team, yet multiple names for Columbus and another team which escapes me. No chance in hell either land those two jobs imo.

rt

May 13, 2004
Announcers during the second intermission during last night's Avs/Knights tilt with their predictions had Tocchet going to Seattle and Leaman going to AZ. No other names for either team, yet multiple names for Columbus and another team which escapes me. No chance in hell either land those two jobs imo.
Mosby made a great point about Armstrong being based out of Providence during his time as a regional scout for St Louis. He may have an existing relationship with Leaman and might have had him tabbed for the job for weeks already.

I’d be very, very skeptical of hiring a guy with zero professional hockey experience at any level in any role. But BA will get my benefit of the doubt until he doesn’t.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->