Prospect Info: Morgan Barron

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Screw the goal....was happy to see him wanting to mix it up by dropping the gloves .....it's a modern day miracle they never tossed him for that or gave him a 10.

he's a rookie and a new one to the NHL,. mostly got a warning considering that. if he has more bite in his game that's a good thing. he's a college kid like Kreider was. I think he can handle himself fine. Rangers need more skilled guys with bite and willing to go if needed. enough of the Tanner Glass, one dimensional fighter who just fight the Shawn Thornton Darren Langdon days are long gone. give me the next Wayne Simmonds Tkachuk Jamie Benm types. no more soft guys with size not physically engaged like Rick Nash

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
he's a rookie and a new one to the NHL,. mostly got a warning considering that. if he has more bite in his game that's a good thing. he's a college kid like Kreider was. I think he can handle himself fine. Rangers need more skilled guys with bite and willing to go if needed. enough of the Tanner Glass, one dimensional fighter who just fight the Shawn Thornton Darren Langdon days are long gone. give me the next Wayne Simmonds Tkachuk Jamie Benm types. no more soft guys with size not physically engaged like Rick Nash

it’s a shame Jamie Benn plays LW b/c he could have been a prime target. Dallas may miss the the playoffs, in need of youth, etc.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Anyone think he can go full Strome flanked by two out of the three kids we're hoping to become elite scorers?

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
If they trade Barron this summer I'm going to be really pissed. He is exactly the type of player we need on the bottom 6.

I'm really glad that there is professionals leading the team. (ok, that doesn't sound right considering what happened yesterday, anyhow)

Because I can rest assured, nobody in the org is gonna trade Barron at this point.

Idk if he looked good as a C, but he took me by storm!

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Dropping the gloves when he saw the stick go flying was hilarious. I read into it that he had some rookie nerves.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Would be awesome if this kid can pan out. But I would definitely prefer to see him on the wing. More speed is needed at center ice. But can he model himself after someone like these guys we see do so well right now, Killorn and co, it would be so valuable.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Would be awesome if this kid can pan out. But I would definitely prefer to see him on the wing. More speed is needed at center ice. But can he model himself after someone like these guys we see do so well right now, Killorn and co, it would be so valuable.
I’m really impressed with what we’ve seen from him so far. I think he has enough talent to be a main stay on the 3rd line as a C or W for years to come. From watching his goal highlights you can tell he has a very accurate hard shot that goalies have trouble with. Love his size and willingness to drop the gloves in the caps game as well

Last edited:

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

I think more smarts is more important than speed at center ice. just an opinion. Barron is a good skater for his size. covers a lot of ice too.

Reactions: DekeR

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Sometimes a guy has an unstoppable desire to make it. I feel like maybe this is one of those guys who maybe doesn’t have all the talent in the world but has enough drive and smarts and confidence to make it happen.

At least, that’s what I’m hoping for.
Totally agree. Great post. If he does, what a find for a 6th rd pick

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I think more smarts is more important than speed at center ice. just an opinion. Barron is a good skater for his size. covers a lot of ice too.
This is gonna be interesting to see where his future lies. I’d imagine they’d like to keep him at center. That’s why they played him there in Hartford last season. If he can be good on face offs I’m not against seeing him as a C. It would at least give us some size down the middle.
But he was basically a winger his whole college career so I don’t think anything is set in stone yet. Whether he’s a C or W I just hope he can make the jump to the 3rd line and play solid minutes and be a goal scoring threat with that shot of his. That would be incredibly valuable to get him there especially on a ELC and his 2nd contract.
I also think 3rd line will see more ice time then 4th in the grand scheme of things with Gallant so hopefully Barron could carve out a spot there and play some meaningful minutes

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Totally agree. Great post. If he does, what a find for a 6th rd pick

Andres Lee type of pick, Barron should use his size to screen the goalie like Kreider and Lee both do. it that in his game consistently? i know he is a very good prospect. he has a good shot and is a physical player which the Rangers need more off.

Reactions: NoQuitInNewMexico

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Andres Lee type of pick, Barron should use his size to screen the goalie like Kreider and Lee both do. it that in his game consistently? i know he is a very good prospect. he has a good shot and is a physical player which the Rangers need more off.
Yep, that’s exactly who he should model his game after. Well put

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad