Post-Game Talk: More wins and points than last season

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Glad the team won, but this Dallas game, and the Vegas game, have me pretty concerned that the team will get destroyed if they maje the playoffs.

That being said, a healthy Klefbom is a huge difference maker so we'll see what the team looks like when he gets back.
I find it's the opposite for this game. This game tells me this team has enough, goaltending, special teams, skill, to get a win on a night where they aren't the best. That's a really big positive, imo.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Glad the team won, but this Dallas game, and the Vegas game, have me pretty concerned that the team will get destroyed if they maje the playoffs.

That being said, a healthy Klefbom is a huge difference maker so we'll see what the team looks like when he gets back.
They were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights in 3 different cities
they were severely fatigued

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
They were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights in 3 different cities
they were severely fatigued

You have to think they may have been psychologically rattled by the events in Nashville as well. They had to have just gotten the wheels up on the plane as that storm was picking up power and coming in.

Scary to think they could have been trapped on an airplane. I don't know if they flew out of the one airport that took a lot of damage or not but still.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
That referee chatting with Khudobin at overtime is gif worthy, isn't it? I can think hundreds of lines between them but my favorite is:

K: I thought you guys should help us, we are fighting for playoff spot?
R: Yeah, Yeah. We already help you to get point, need to shuffle things a bit and you get your chance later after Oil PP, cool?
K: Ok, you are sure we get through this?
R: Sure sure, we have this one in a bag, trust me.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
That referee chatting with Khudobin at overtime is gif worthy, isn't it? I can think hundreds of lines between them but my favorite is:

K: I thought you guys should help us, we are fighting for playoff spot?
R: Yeah, Yeah. We already help you to get point, need to shuffle things a bit and you get your chance later after Oil PP, cool?
K: Ok, you are sure we get through this?
R: Sure sure, we have this one in a bag, trust me.
They got a freebie with this one.

DFY1KRs.gif

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I would, uh, I think it’s safe to say that half the general manager’s in the National Hockey League would trade their roster for our roster right now.

Reactions: nally

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The win was great...much needed. That game was all about surviving 5x5 and special teams.
I am hoping that fatigue is the reason why the team was dominated 5x5.

Koskinen sure seems to have the Stars number.

Reactions: Oilhawks and nally

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Like there's no way Khaira should be playing over Haas, the guy makes terrible giveaways every game, I get he's good on the PK but like you said I'm sure Haas could excel there as well as he's far smarter than JJ could ever dream to be. Unfortunately think it's just gonna be one of those guys that says f*** it and leaves after a year or two of being f***ed around by the org.
I agree Haas is more skilled, but I think it's because JJ isn't as "smart" that he is on the PK. He has a long body, long arms and he has a very limited albeit concentrated job to do on the PK. That is perfect for his type of player. Doesn't have to think much. Stick in lanes, battle, clear. (though he sucks at clearing) Just my two cents on why he is on the PK. Wish he had hands and could stick handle, would be so much more valuable.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Didn't grow up during the glory years.
Doug Weight was always my guy.
My favorite non Canadian player at the time. Anyone remember a video of him stick handling an orange ball in the dressing room...the ball turned into a blur and looked like a cylinder. Blew my mind how quick his hands were. I wasn't able to find that clip when searching. Think it was TSN or something doing a story on him while he was still in Edmonton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->