Post-Game Talk: More wins and points than last season

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Still choked about that penalty at the end. No way that should be called in a tie hockey game with 2 minutes left. It wouldn't be in the playoffs, so why would it then. Who were the officials last night anyway?

And the call was the wrong one even.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Man, I love babes.
I love big wins more...see what I did there.

Again, Koskinen and Smith appear to have found the next level to their games at the perfect time of the year. Koskinen very obviously all but won that game for the Oilers last night, but this team and it's offense is good enough to make the most of goaltending like that. It's a very good sign, because it means you can find a way to 2 points on a night when the team "might not have it" so to speak.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
It's not as if it changes the percentage either.

Score one two three. etc. goals on one power play and it is still 100%. It doesn't go to 200%

Okay, but what if you score 3 goals on 1 PP but fail to score on the other 9? Are you 30% or 10%?

I realize trying to imagine the Oilers getting 10 PP's in a game is like finding a unicorn but.........

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Edmonton Oilers Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

Edmonton Oilers Playoff Chances

Beat Dallas 2-1 (ot), playoff odds up 1.8 to 98%

feels-goatse-man

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Still say we keep him throughout his contract and maybe even extend him. Trade him when we KNOW that the player replacing him is ready.

Keep him until at least Bouchard/other defence prospects are ready. No need to make hasty moves.

Reactions: nally

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Can someone please explain to me what happened to trigger this census? What were the fans doing exactly?

>guy trips mcdavid
>everyone suddenly hates mcdavid.

oh yeah and the hit on Oh Do Ya early in his career.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Okay, but what if you score 3 goals on 1 PP but fail to score on the other 9? Are you 30% or 10%?

I realize trying to imagine the Oilers getting 10 PP's in a game is like finding a unicorn but.........
That's a good question. Perhaps they were stat lazy or there is no way of knowing for sure?

Those stat people are always misleading us. Further investigation would be required to find out how they arrived at those numbers.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Can someone please explain to me what happened to trigger this census? What were the fans doing exactly?

They were booing their own team in the third period as they were pressing for the go ahead goal on the powerplay. The Oilers were relentless on the kill and it wasn't going well.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Glad the team won, but this Dallas game, and the Vegas game, have me pretty concerned that the team will get destroyed if they maje the playoffs.

That being said, a healthy Klefbom is a huge difference maker so we'll see what the team looks like when he gets back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad